Did you ever think you’d be asking your clients if they would like some cannabis? Well today with cannabis legal in 29 states for medicinal purposes, as well as for recreational use in a handful of states, cannabis is no longer a word you say in hushed tones. In fact, it’s gaining more and more advocates among wellness and medical professionals because of its natural medicinal, anti-depressant and mood stabilizing qualities. A report issued on January 12 from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine indicated that the committee that conducted the study “found evidence to support that patients who were treated with cannabis or cannabinoids were more likely to experience a significant reduction in pain symptoms.”
Of particular note is Cannabidiol (CBD), which is one of the 113 active cannabinoids (natural compounds found in cannabis that provide relief for an array of symptoms) identified in cannabis. CBD makes up a growing part of state-of-the-art clinical care. It is absorbed through the skin where it binds to the body’s own CB2 receptors. Once it connects with these receptors, CBD, which is not mind altering or habit forming, has a pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory effect on the body.
BIOTONE recently introduced Lab Blends, a new line of topical pain management products for professional and home care featuring CBD extract with powerful analgesics for complete pain management. The new Lab Blends product line includes CBD Massage Cream and CBD Massage Balm for use in professional treatment clinics and CBD Pain Relief Maximum Strength Cream for use at home. The products combine highly concentrated levels of CBD with the powerful pain relievers of Menthol and Lidocaine.
Help your clients “Erase the Ache” with this new treatment featuring BIOTONE LAB Blends CBD Massage Balm. It’s an arm-to-hand treatment designed to erase the ache and discomfort of muscles and joints. The use of the Lab Blends Professional CBD Massage Balm allows for an enriched treatment with unmatched workability and superior versatility
- Lab Blends 660mg CBD Massage Balm 1/3 ounce
- 4 Warm Hand Towels
1. Position client on the massage table in a supine position.
2. Perform a gentle rocking compression from the shoulder to the hip.
3. Starting at the head of the table, apply a 5 second compression to the front of the chest. Slowly increase the pressure of the compression. Repeat movement down each arm.
4. Pump a dime size amount of Lab Blends Professional CBD Massage Balm into the palm of your hand. Rub hands together then apply balm to client’s right arm from the wrist to the occipital ridge.
5. Perform 4 slow effleurage stokes from the wrist to the occipital ridge. Start with the hand palm down and rotate the arm with each successive stroke.
6. Perform 4 slow push/pull movements starting at the client’s wrist and moving to the shoulder.
7. Cover area(s) with a warm hand towel and allow penetration for five minutes.
8. Repeat steps 4 – 7 on left arm.
Incorporate trigger point and stretching to effectively reduce tension and aid in recovery.