Valentine’s Day is not far off, and you want to be sure that your spa or massage practice is a destination for new clients and prospects who want to pamper a loved one or even want to spoil themselves.
If you don’t already have some special treatments geared to the day, here’s an idea from Booker, an all-in-one local service commerce platform, to make your treatment menu “sumptuous.” Tailor some of your skincare and massage therapy treatments for the special day by adding sumptuous ingredients like strawberries, chocolate, champagne, or roses. In describing the treatments, use words that evoke love, romance, and companionship. And if you want to attract guys, create treatment menus for them with words that indicate results such as “active” and “energy” or are gender-neutral such as cleansing or self-care.
Create a couples retreat
Valentine’s Day might be the perfect time for a romantic getaway, but it’s not in every couple’s budget or maybe not possible because of work and family. So why not help your clients getaway -- if not far from home, at least far from the day-to-day routine and pressures. Entice clients to a perfect day or night out at your spa or massage business with special sweetheart packages geared for romance.
But don’t stop there. Turn your spa into a retreat that would make Cupid proud. Have bouquets of roses on hand throughout and keep the champagne on ice. Add some candles and romantic music for ambiance, and your clients will be delighted they didn’t have to deal with traffic or security checks at the airport.
Here’s a treatment to turn your spa or massage practice into a little bit of paradise for clients, even for a few hours.
3 rubber spa bowls
9 warm, moist hand towels
- Mix Micro-Buff Body Polish with 15 drops of Mango & Mandarin Customizing Complex and 3 drops of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil in a rubber bowl. Warm before application.
- Mix European Rose Body Mud with 30 drops of Mango & Mandarin Customizing Complex and 4 drops of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil in a rubber bowl. Warm before application.
- Mix Smoothing Massage Butter with 15 drops of Mango & Mandarin Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl. Warm product before application.
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with Micro-Buff Body Polish.
- Apply European Rose Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with a towel to keep warm.
- Allow the client to rest 15-20 min. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
- Remove plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
- Perform finishing treatment with Smoothing Massage Butter.
Whatever your treatment menu, make sure you have retail products for at-home use. Clients can purchase the products as gifts to give to others or continue enjoying the treatment benefits at home. Emphasize the day by adding Valentine cards or tags to retail items.
Gift certificates also make a great gift. Have special signage throughout your spa or massage practice offering gift certificates that you can package with special cards so purchasers can add a special “love note.”
Do your part to make Valentine’s Day memorable for clients with special treatments and gifts. Your clients will return the love.