Video has a major impact on marketing for companies to connect and engage with customers, so it’s something you’ll want to consider as you plan your social media and promotional activities for the year.
Consider the following statistics offered by Hubspot:
- Video in an email leads to a 200-300% increase in click-through rates
- Including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%
- Combining video with full-page ads boosts engagement by 22%
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online
The use of video enhances your credibility because you can talk directly to your audiences as you showcase your expertise and explain the intent of the various services you provide. Most clients will find it easier to watch you perform a skin treatment or massage versus reading about it.
Here are some marketing tips from Social Fresh to ensure your video content achieves your goals for client engagement.
Don’t try to create a moment
Don’t aim for a video that will go viral. Instead, create video content that taps into existing conversations on the web or in your industry. (As an example, if a lot of customers are asking about aromatherapy massage, create a video showcasing a treatment.).
Stick to a schedule
Try to be consistent in creating video contact. Your viewers will begin to look forward to updated content, and it will help build engagement.
Create something original
This may be difficult, but it’s not impossible. Learn what your clients are used to see and what competitors are doing to develop something unique – something clients may not find anywhere else. Think about educating your clients but make the video entertaining at the same time.
Use video on web landing pages
Since videos can boost conversion, whether for booking an appointment or ordering a retail product if you sell online, add a short video with a clear call to action.
Ensure video quality
In “Five tips on creating effective marketing videos,” video and digital media producer Farzad Wafapoor, recommends to ensure a quality video that engages your viewers:
- Use a microphone: Built-in microphones in cameras can pick up unnecessary background noise in your video. It’s worth the money to invest in a microphone that captures the sounds without distracting background noise.
- Shoot in HD with proper lighting: 1080p is acceptable quality for online videos. Consider the room lighting. In general, it is best to turn off all fluorescent lights and stick to traditional three-point lighting.
- Tell a story: Editing is the most crucial step of the process. Think about telling a story as you edit your video – avoid lecturing or a talking head. Wafapoor recommends not to get hung up with editing software issues. Pick any video editing software along, watch its tutorial and then focus on storytelling as you prepare your video.
- Tripod: Use one for the stability of the shots.
- Length: Try to keep videos around two minutes for a longer one and not less than 30 seconds for shorter pieces. (Some tutorials may take as much as 5 minutes).
Whatever videos you create, you can host them on YouTube or Vimeo, another community to store and distribute video content. Also, include the URL links from your videos to your website to build traffic and promote your videos in your other social media channels to gain likes and shares to expand your spa or massage practice visibility.