What’s behind our love affair with the avocado? Not only do Americans love this unique fruit– that’s right fruit not vegetable – the rest of the world has gotten in on the trend. Last December, for the first time in history, the British bought more avocados than oranges. Maybe it’s because the word has finally got around that avocados are truly a super food, packed with vitamins and essential amino acids for good health. Even better, avocado oil is good for your skin, too.
The uniquely pear shaped fruit, with an alligator like bumpy skin offers an abundant source of critical fatty acids and antioxidants -- the powerful Vitamin E the most notable -- to help prevent wrinkles and skin aging. Owing to its chemical properties and water-retaining qualities, avocado oil also acts as a moisturizer to promote soft and supple skin. And avocado oil is high in plant based fats called sterolins, which have been known to produce skin collagen, reduce age spots and heal skin damage from the sun and scars.
Why not help your spa and massage clients enhance their skin and beat back Father Time with a treatment that includes avocado oil. Here’s one we recommend:
De-Stress & Detoxify Body Wrap
Refresh and hydrate your client’s skin with a deeply relaxing and detoxifying full-body treatment that is richly nourishing and enhanced with deep-water silts and key essential oils,
- Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow 1.5 ounces
- Stress Remedy EO Blend 3 drops
- Black Baltic Body Mud 2.5 ounces
- Smoothing Massage Butter 2 ounces
- Lavender & Calendula 20 drops
- 3 rubber bowls
- 10 warm moist towels
- 2 sheets plastic wrap
1. Place 1.5 oz of Exfoli-Sea Salt in a rubber bowl.
2. Place 2.5 oz of Black Baltic Body Mud in a rubber bowl.
3. Place 2 oz of Smoothing Massage Butter in a rubber bowl.
4. Mix 3 drops of Stress Remedy EO Blend with Exfoli-Sea Salt.
5. Mix 20 drops of Lavender & Calendula Customizing Complex with Smoothing Massage Butter.
6. Apply an exfoliation treatment with Exfoli-Sea Salt.
7. Apply Black Baltic Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body, while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with a towel to keep warm.
8. While standing at the head of the table, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap and blanket, cocooning the client.
9. Allow the client to rest for 15-20 min.
10. Remove plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible with the wrap. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Be sure to cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
11. Perform a finishing treatment with Smoothing Massage Butter