The news seems to change daily about COVID-19, adding to business uncertainty. Just when we thought we were returning to a somewhat “normal” state, many cities and states responded to spiking cases with new rules and even re-imposed shutdowns. It’s hard to keep your focus with so much out of your control.
Your clients, too, are experiencing their own uncertainty. Consider how much they appreciated returning to your spa or massage practice, and now, in some areas, they don’t know if they can continue. This is the time when the bond between you and your clients is of the utmost importance. Let’s face it, you are in this together. That’s why it’s so important to show your clients how much you appreciate their business. We all will move beyond this crisis, and your clients will remember how you all weathered it together.
Show appreciation in simple ways
Take a few minutes at the end of the day – or have someone on your team do it – to send off an email or text message to clients thanking them for the session. You also may want to send personal notes to some clients, periodically letting them know how much you value their business.
Keep up contact in-between visits with an email newsletter to let clients know what’s new at your spa or massage practice. Include advice for good skincare and health as well as trends in the marketplace.
If you see an article online that you know would interest a client, send them the link or a PDF. You also can copy an article you find in print and mail it. The gesture indicates you have your client’s best interests at heart.
Nothing is more flattering than asking someone for their input. Periodically ask clients for feedback during treatment times and let them know how you plan to use their recommendations
Personalize the Service
And, of course, personalize the service. One size doesn’t fit all, and it shouldn’t. Every client has unique needs. The more you know about your client, the more you can personalize the service from using products that contain ingredients they like to playing their favorite music during a session. Here’s a treatment that clients will surely appreciate during these stressful times:
De-Stress & Detoxify Body Wrap
Refresh and hydrate your client’s skin with a deeply relaxing and detoxifying full-body treatment that is richly nourishing and enhanced with deep-water silts and key essential oils, making your clients’ tension melt away.
- Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow ...............................1.5 oz
- Stress Remedy EO Speciality Blend........3 drops
- Black Baltic Body Mud ...........................2.5 oz
- Smoothing Massage Butter.................... 2 oz
- Lavender & Calendula
Customizing Complex .............................20 drops
- 3 Rubber Spa Bowls
- 10 Warm Moist Towels
- 2 Sheets Plastic wrap
- Place 1.5 oz of Exfoli-Sea Salt in a rubber bowl.
- Place 2.5 oz of Black Baltic Body Mud in a rubber bowl.
- Place 2 oz of Smoothing Massage Butter in a rubber bowl.
- Mix 3 drops of Stress Remedy EO Blend with Exfoli-Sea Salt.
- Mix 20 drops of Lavender & Calendula Customizing Complex with Smoothing Massage Butter.
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with Exfoli-Sea Salt.
- Apply Black Baltic Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with a towel to keep warm.
- While standing at the table's head, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap, and blanket, cocooning the client.
- Allow the client to rest for 15-20 min.
- Remove plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible with the wrap. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Be sure to cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
11. Perform a finishing treatment with Smoothing