They used to say that “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.” While preparing a meal for someone continues to be a warm and wonderful way to show you care; there are other ways to convey the message. No doubt with Father’s Day coming up; your clients will looking for ways to make the day special for their dad, husband or grandfather. Here’s where a massage at your spa or massage practice can make the difference.
Today, men know that massage is more than just an indulgence. According to an AMTA 2015 consumer survey, in July 2015, 19 percent of women and 16 percent of men reported having a massage in the past 12 months, with medical (52 percent) and pain relief/management as the leading reasons.
Men executives also increasingly are seeking massage to help them “perform at the top of their game” by bolstering productivity and creativity as well as aiding sleep and reducing stress, reports Forbes. Then, too, men turn to massage to help them alleviate the pain and stiffness from sports injuries and keep the body conditioned. Such massages can be even more effective by using a cooling analgesic lotion like Polar Lotion that contains menthol, wintergreen, peppermint and Eucalyptus to spot treat sore muscle and joint areas.
With all those benefits, massage should be among the top choices for a special Father’s Day Treat. Offer special gift cards for the big day and promote them throughout your spa at the counter, in the reception areas, in your treatment and changing rooms. Add Father’s Day messages to your posts and direct your clients online to your website to book, if you offer online booking, or to call to make a reservation. If you blog, add a post or two about massage for men and include the massage options you offer, aromatherapy, sports, therapeutic, and more.
Add Skin Treatments
Today’s men just like their female counterparts want to maintain a young and healthy appearance and so are embracing restorative and cleansing services. Increasingly, popular treatments for men include facials and manicures and pedicures. Many also want body wraps and scrubs to look their best. The On-Par Pressure Point Back Treatment is combination skin treatment and massage that is a perfect Father’s Day gift for the active man who also wants to get his skin into shape as well. It begins with a sports back scrub followed by a targeted application of warmed Black Baltic Body Mud to detoxify, soothe and relax sore muscles.
Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow 1 oz
Black Baltic Body Mud 1 oz
Replenishing Light Massage Oil 1 oz
Detoxifying Customizing Complex 20 drops
6 golf balls
3 rubber spa bowls
9 warm, moist hand towels
- Mix 1 ounce of Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow with 10 drops of Detoxifying Customizing Complex in a rubber spa bowl.
- Mix 1 ounce of Black Baltic Body Mud with 10 drops of Detoxifying Customizing Complex in a rubber spa bowl.
- Warm product prior to application
- Apply Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow to client’s back alternating large and small strokes.
- Remove Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow with warm, moist hand towel
- Apply Black Baltic Body Mud to the lower back, moving to mid-back, then upper back
- Cover back with plastic wrap and 3 hot, moist hand towels with a folded thermal blanket on top, leaving the legs exposed from mid-thigh down. Hydrocollator can be used in place of hot towels.
- Conduct a massage on the legs, using warmed golf balls and Replenishing Light Massage Oil. The massage should be 8-10 minutes on each leg.
- Remove the Black Baltic Body Mud with the hot, moist hand towels that were on the back.
Complete the treatment with a massage on the back, shoulders and neck using warmed golf balls and Replenishing Light Massage Oil. The massage should be approximately 15 minutes.