March is the month of the “wearing of the green.” Whether you are Irish or not, St. Patrick’s Day on March 17 is one of the holidays that gives us a chance to get together with friends and tip a few as they say (not that you necessarily need a holiday to do that).
Truth be told, St. Patrick’s was actually a dry holiday in Ireland until 1970. Until then, it was a religious observance in Ireland, and as a result, pubs were shut down. You might say that St. Patrick’s Day, as we observe it now, was really made in America. When America was just 13 colonies, Irish immigrants got together to celebrate their heritage. They kept the tradition over the years, and eventually, the day became a secular holiday observed by Irish and non-Irish alike.
Back in Ireland, in the mid-1990s, The Republic of Ireland began a campaign to use St. Patrick’s Day to showcase the Irish culture. The first St. Patrick’s Day Festival was held in 1996.
Go With the Green At Your Spa
- History lesson aside, St. Patricks’ Day provides a great opportunity for special holiday promotions. Offer “Go for the Green” gift coupons for clients to give to their friends and family to introduce them to your services.
- Turn your spa or massage business into the Emerald Isle for the day with green carnations and shamrock decorations. Play up the green theme in special food for the day for clients to enjoy. Key Lime pie, mint-chip ice cream, lemon-lime punch are some ideas – unless, of course, you want to go all out and put on corned beef and cabbage spread with delicious Irish soda bread on the side. And of course, don’t forget Irish music in the background.
- Boost your retail sales with green tea-based products, such as our Green Tea & Lime Leaf Hydrating Body Butter or Body Lotion. Good for any time of year, green tea includes antioxidants to support skin healing. Green tea also contains Vitamin B, which aids in skin regeneration, and Vitamin C, essential in collagen production.
For a special St. Patrick’s Day treatment, I recommend our Green Tea Energy treatment with customizing complex Green Tea & Lime Leaf. It delivers moisture to dehydrated skin, and its blend of powerful antioxidants repairs and protects.
- Micro-Buff Body Polish ----------------------------------- 2 ounces
- European Rose Body Mud ------------------------------ 4 ounces
- True Balance Massage Gel ----------------------------- 1 ounce
- Green Tea & Lime Leaf Customizing Complex ---- 55 drops
- 3 rubber spa bowls
- Plastic wrap
- 9 warm, moist hand towels
- Mix Micro-Buff Body Polish with 15 drops of Green Tea & Lime Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Mix European Rose Mud with 30 drops of Green Tea & Lime Leaf Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Mix True Balance Massage Gel with 10 drops of Green Tea & Lime Leaf Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with the Micro-Buff Body Polish.
- Apply European Rose Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with a towel to keep warm.
- Allow the client to rest for 15-20 minutes. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
- Remove plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
- Perform a finishing treatment with True Balance Massage Gel.
Do you have any special marketing ideas to celebrate this fun-filled holiday at your spa or massage business?