With the holidays coming up, clients may start to feel feel particularly overwhelmed and stressed. Try incorporating lavender into your treatments to help. When the ancient Romans needed to relax (It’s not easy to conquer the world.), they added lavender to their bath water to induce a calming and relaxing effect. The floral scented herb, which comes from the Latin word lavare and means to wash, has continued to be used in a range of massage and body treatment products over the years for its fragrant scent and calming effect.
A soothing scent is not all that lavender is known for. Lavender contains antioxidants that help fight the effects of environmental pollutants on the skin. Lavender oil has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that are beneficial to use on aching muscles. It also eases swelling and improves blood circulation.
Treat clients to the soothing powers of lavender with Body Buff Treatment. It begins with a luxurious cornmeal & poppy seed exfoliant with scents of lavender and rose. Followed by an ultra-hydrating body wrap to help refine and soften skin, while accelerating cell renewal. A finishing massage treatment is completed with the calming scents of lavender and calendula.
- Lavender & Rose Perfect Grain Body Exfoliant 1.5 ounces
- European Rose Body Mud 2.5 ounces
- Lavender & Calendula Hydrating Massage Lotion 1 ounce
- 3 Rubber Spa Bowls
- 10 Warm Moist Towels
- 2 Sheets Plastic Wrap
- Place 1.5 ounce of Lavender & Rose Perfect Grain Body Exfoliant in a rubber bowl.
- Place 2.5 ounces of European Rose Body Mud in a rubber bowl.
- Place 1 ounce of Lavender & Calendula Hydrating Massage Lotion in a rubber bowl.
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with Lavender & Rose Perfect Grain Body Exfoliant.
- Apply European Rose Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body, while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with a towel to keep warm.
- While standing at the head of the table, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap and blanket, cocooning the client.
- Allow the client to rest 15-20 minutes. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
- Remove the plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible with the wrap. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Be sure to cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
Perform a finishing treatment with Lavender & Calendula Hydrating Massage Lotion.