Are clients complaining of dry, winter skin? Don’t wait for the temperature to drop. Reach for the Peach Oil. When it comes to skin benefits, Peach Oil, or more specifically the oil of the peach kernel, is a powerhouse. So much so, that it’s used extensively in many skin lotions and creams, body and facial massage lubricants and hair care products.
Originally cultivated in China, the peach tree made its way to Europe and from there, the Spanish brought it to the New World. Peach Oil is obtained by crushing peach kernels and then refining the resulting oil. Peach Oil is easily absorbed by the skin and so doesn’t leave a greasy feeling.
Peach Oil is highly valued because it is rich in Vitamin E, which is an antioxidant and so removes harmful free radicals. Also the presence of Vitamin E makes Peach Oil stable, giving it a shelf life of up to two years. Peach Oil also contains several varieties of polyunsaturated fatty acids, which aid skin growth and health and are considered valuable in maintaining skin elasticity.
Here’s a treatment to help skin glow
Mango Madness treatment is a tropical oasis of Mango with a twist of Mandarin and Pineapple. This uplifting complex is infused into a gentle exfoliation treatment using micronized buffing beads to unveil petal-soft skin followed by a hydrating wrap designed to refine and renew skin. Mango Madness uses Unscented Hydrating Massage Lotion which contains Peach Oil:
- Micro-Buff Body Polish 2 ounces
- European Rose Body Mud 4 ounces
- Unscented Hydrating Lotion 1 ounce
- Mango & Mandarin Customizing Complex 55 drops
- 3 rubber spa bowls
- Plastic Wrap
- 9 warm, moist hand towels
- Mix Micro-Buff Body Polish with 15 drops of Mango & Mandarin Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Mix European Rose Body Mud with 30 drops of Mango & Mandarin Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Mix Unscented Hydrating Lotion with 10 drops of Mango & Mandarin Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with the Micro-Buff Body Polish.
- Apply European Rose Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body, while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover client with a towel to keep warm.
- Allow client to rest 15-20 min. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face of foot massage.
- Remove plastic wrap, remove as much mud as possible. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
- Perform a finishing treatment with Unscented Hydrating Lotion.
Other BIOTONE products that contain peach oil are: