It’s called oil, but technically it isn’t. Jojoba oil is a mixture of a long chain of monounsaturated liquid wax esters, which are structurally different from triglycerides that make up most of the other seed oils, grapeseed or coconut. Whether you call it jojoba oil or like some refer to the ingredient as jojoba wax, as some have started to do, makes no difference. The bottom line is that jojoba has been popular since it came into commercial use 30 years ago. At that time, jojoba oil, extracted from the seeds of the jojoba plant, which is indigenous to Arizona, California, and northern Mexico, became a replacement for sperm whale oil when the use of that product was banned because of the threat of extinction to sperm whales.
Native Americans originally used jojoba oil to treat skin infections. It closely models the protection provided by the skin’s natural sebum, which also is largely composed of wax monoesters. It keeps the skin hydrated and supple and helps treat skin inflammation and infection. It also has an abundance of minerals -- silicon, chromium, copper, and zinc -- and Vitamin E that protects and repairs skin. It’s hypo-allergenic so that it can be used on the majority of clients. Non-greasy and easily washable, it’s a time and water saver at your spa or massage business.
Treat clients to jojoba oil
Here’s a treatment to enable clients to enjoy the benefits of jojoba oil -- Radiantly Rosy Body Buff. Two key ingredients European Rose Body Mud and Lavender & Calendula Hydrating Massage Lotion feature jojoba oil.
This exceptionally skin-softening body treatment begins with a luxurious cornmeal and poppy seed exfoliation with Lavender & Rose's scents. Followed by an ultra-hydrating body wrap to help refine and soften skin while accelerating cell renewal. A finishing massage treatment is completed with the calming scents of Lavender & Calendula.
- Lavender & Rose Perfect Grain Body Exfoliant……….1.5 oz
- European Rose Body Mud..........................................2.5 oz
- Lavender & Calendula Hydrating Massage Lotion ......1 oz
- 3 Rubber Spa Bowls
- 10 Warm Moist Towels
- 2 Sheets Plastic Wrap
1. Place 1.5 oz of Lavender & Rose Perfect Grain Body Exfoliant in a rubber bowl.
2. Place 2.5 oz of European Rose Body Mud in a rubber bowl.
3. Place 1 oz of Lavender & Calendula Hydrating Massage Lotion in a rubber bowl.
4. Apply an exfoliation treatment with Lavender & Rose Perfect Grain Body Exfoliant.
5. Apply European Rose Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with a towel to keep warm.
6. While standing at the table's head, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap, and blanket, cocooning the client.
7. Allow the client to rest for 15-20 min. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
8. Remove plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible with the wrap. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Be sure to cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
9. Perform a finishing treatment with Lavender & Calendula Hydrating Massage Lotion.