Did you know that the scent of lemons is one of the smells that can make you happier? In case you are wondering, some of the others are pine, rosemary and freshly cut grass, as noted in “8 Smells That Can Make You Happier, according to Science.”
Since there’s a good chance that your clients love the smell of lemons, they most likely will love the smell of Lemongrass with its light, fresh and lemony scent. Extracted by steam distillation from the Lemongrass, a tall perennial plant that is native to India and Southeast, Lemongrass Oil is used in beverages and teas as a flavoring agent and in cosmetics and soaps for its fragrance.
In addition to its delightful scent, Lemongrass is a bountiful source of many essential vitamins such as vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, folate and vitamin C, writes Organic Facts. And it provides essential minerals such as magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, potassium, calcium, zinc and iron.
The health benefits of Lemongrass are attributed to its beneficial properties as an analgesic, antidepressant, diuretic, sedative and tonic substance, to name just a few. Used in aromatherapy, Lemongrass Oil helps to relieve muscle pain and body aches.
Lemongrass also has many skin healing and smoothing benefits. It has antimicrobial, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties to keep skin healthy by reducing bacterial growth. It helps to cleanse and tone the skin to make it even and glowing.
Calming Cucumber Face Soother incorporates the benefits and winning scent of Lemongrass to help clients retain radiant and dewy-fresh skin with a refreshing treatment. You’ll find Lemongrass in two of the key ingredients: BIOTONE Facial Therapy Micro Refiner and Herbal Select Face Therapy Massage Lotion.
- Sliced Cucumber – chilled……1
- Facial Therapy Micro Refiner…1/8 ounce
- Herbal Select Face Therapy Massage Lotion…1/8 ounce
- I Rubber Spa Bowl
- 2 warm, moist hand towels
1. Wrap clients face with warm towel - leave on for about 1 min.
2. Gently wipe face clean of makeup, avoiding eye area.
3. Apply Facial Therapy MicroRefiner evenly to face, avoiding eye area. Gently massage into skin using small circular upward motions to work against gravity.
4. Wrap clients face with a fresh warm towel. Leave on for about 1 min.
5. Wipe face clean of granules - this may take several passes with a wet towel.
6. Apply cucumber slices to clients face including eyes to cool and tighten skin. Leave on for 5 min.
7. Apply even layer of Herbal Select Face Therapy Massage Lotion to clients face and proceed with facial massage.