Are your clients in need of a lift? Tea might be one antidote. Of course, an uplifting massage is another. And if you want to combine the best of both worlds, offer clients a massage with Bergamot Essential Oil, which is used for flavoring the popular Earl Grey tea.
Bergamot Essential Oil is extracted from the rind of the nearly ripe fruit of the Bergamot Tree. While the Bergamot Tree roots can be traced back to South East Asia, the tree was more widely cultivated in Southern Italy. In fact, Bergamot gets its name from the Italian city of Bergamo in Lombardy, Italy.
Bergamot Oil is used extensively in perfumes because its light orange scent with a floral hint is uplifting and relaxing, and it blends well with other essential oils. In fact, it was a component of the original Eau de Cologne developed in Germany in the 17th century.
Bergamot Oil often is included in essential oil mixtures to reduce stress, energize, and treat depression. The oil is also included in skincare products. Like other citrus oils, Bergamot Oil is faintly astringent and toning.
BIOTONE products that contain Bergamot Essential Oil include:
- Bergamot Essential Oil
- Bliss Aromatherapy Massage Lotion
- Renewal Aromatherapy Massage Lotion
- Herbal Select Body Massage Oil
- Herbal Select Facial Therapy Massage Lotion
- Muscle & Joint Relief Therapeutic Massage Creme
- Muscle & Joint Therapeutic Massage Gel
- Uplifting Customizing Complex
Treat clients to this uplifting oil with Sore No More
Ease sore muscles and fatigue. Rejuvenate, restore, and stimulate circulation. Replenish energy with Sore Muscle Customizing Complex and Uplifting Customizing Complex, which contains Bergamot Essential Oil.
- Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow 2 ounces
- Black Baltic Body Mud 4 ounces
- Sore Muscle Customizing Complex 60 drops
- Uplifting Customizing Complex 15 drops
- Unscented Hydrating Lotion 1 ounce
- 3 rubber spa bowls
- Plastic wrap
- 9 warm, moist towels
- Mix Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow with 30 drops of Sore Muscle Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Mix Black Baltic Body Mud with 30 drops of Sore Muscle Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Mix Unscented Hydrating Massage Lotion with 15 drops of Uplifting Customizing Complex.
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow.
- Apply Black Baltic Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with a towel to keep warm.
- While standing at the table's head, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap, and blanket, cocooning the client.
- Allow the client to rest for 15-20 minutes. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
- Remove plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible with the plastic wrap. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Be sure to cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
Perform a finishing treatment with Unscented Hydrating Massage Lotion combined with Uplifting Customizing Complex.