Are almonds misunderstood? They may very well be. As far as I can tell, most people think of them as nuts, but in fact they are a fruit – that is, they are the seed of a fruit that grows on almond trees. One thing is not misunderstood – almonds are good for you inside and out. When it comes to health benefits, almonds help regulate cholesterol and are a rich source of calcium, magnesium, vitamins E, D and B and, dietary fibers.
For your skin, the benefits of almond oil are equally impressive. Almond oil traps moisture in the skin to keep it moisturized. The vitamins in almond oil help delay the appearance of wrinkles and its vitamins can help reverse the damage from sun exposure. Almond oil can be used as carrier oil in aromatherapy. It has a fine texture, is easily absorbed, and helps to leave the skin soft and satiny smooth yet it is non-greasy and easily absorbed.
You’ll find almond oil in BIOTONE Dual Purpose Massage Creme with its silky, non-greasy feel; a Revitalizing Massage Oil and Deep-Tissue Massage Lotion. Offer your clients to the benefits of almond oil with Detox Therapeutic Body Wrap.
Mineral rich Black Baltic Body Mud derived from a fresh water lake in Eastern Europe helps to extract pore-clogging impurities while promoting the removal of toxins from the body. The treatment begins with an exfoliating Dead Sea salt scrub followed by a purifying mud wrap with detoxifying essential oils of rosemary, burdock, Echinacea and eucalyptus and finished with an application of soothing Pomegranate & Cranberry Hydrating Lotion.
- Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow -------------------------------------- 1/4 cup (2 ounces)
- Black Baltic Body Mud ----------------------------------- 1/2 cup (4 ounces)
- Detoxifying Customizing Complex -------------------- 1 tsp (60-80) drops
- Pomegranate & Cranberry Hydrating Lotion ------- 2 tbsp (1 ounce)
- 3 rubber spa bowls
- 10 hot, moist hand towels
- Plastic wrap
- Mix ½ tsp. Detoxifying Customizing Complex with Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow.
- Mix ½ tsp. Detoxifying Customizing Complex with Black Baltic Body Mud.
- Warm all products prior to application.
- Perform a full-body scrub using the sea salt mixture.
- Apply the mud in an even layer to each body part, quickly covering with plastic as you progress. Cover the client with a towel to keep warm.
- Standing at the head of the table, pull all layers of sheets, thermal wrap and blankets up, cocooning the client.
- Allow the client to rest for 15 to 20 minutes; stay in the room or nearby for reassurance.
- Remove the mud using plastic sheets.
- Remove any remaining product with hot, moist towels.
- Apply Pomegranate & Cranberry Hydrating Lotion for a finishing treatment.