It’s not only because of its name that Jojoba is unique. Derived from a desert plant found in northern Mexico and the southwestern United States, Jojoba Oil actually is not an oil. It’s thick, velvety wax that is extracted from the seeds of the plant.
Jojoba Oil has enjoyed popularity since its market introduction some 30 years ago because it closely models sebum's protection, the oil that our skin produces naturally. By resembling sebum, the skin knows exactly how to use Jojoba oil by resembling sebum, absorbing it quickly and easily to create a powerful barrier against moisture loss and allergens and irritants like dust and pollution.
At BIOTONE, we use Jojoba Oil in many products for its moisturizing benefits and because of its abundance of minerals, including silicon, chromium, copper, and zinc, and Vitamin E protects and repairs skin. It’s hypo-allergenic so that it can be used on the majority of clients. Non-greasy and easily washable, it’s a time and water saver at your spa or massage practice.
Treat your clients to the benefits of Jojoba Oil in Pomegranate & Cranberry Perfection Treatment. It includes Pomegranate & Cranberry Hydrating Massage Lotion that is made with Jojoba.
- Micro-Buff Body Polish (2oz)
- Pomegranate & Cranberry Customizing Complex (30 drops)
- European Rose Body Mud (4oz)
- Pomegranate & Cranberry Hydrating Massage Lotion (1oz)
- Rubber spa bowls (3)
- Warm, moist hand towels (9)
- Plastic Wrap (1)
1. Mix Micro-Buff Body Polish with 30 drops of Pomegranate & Cranberry Customizing
Complex in a rubber bowl.
2. Apply an exfoliation treatment with Micro-Buff Body Polish.
3. Apply European Rose Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body while quickly
covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with a towel to keep warm.
4. While standing at the head of the table, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap and
blanket, cocooning the client.
5. Allow the client to rest for 15-20 min. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
6. Remove plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible with the wrap. Remove remaining
mud with warm, moist towels. Be sure to cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
7. Perform a finishing treatment with Pomegranate & Cranberry Hydrating Massage Lotion.