The apricot has been valued for its healing and medicinal properties for thousands of years. The oil, which is cold pressed from the kernel of the fruit, is a popular ingredient in skincare products because it is high in oleic and linoleic acids. These fatty acids have emollient properties, which increase the level of hydration in the skin. Apricot oil also is rich in vitamin A, which helps prevent lines and wrinkles, and in vitamins C and E, powerful antioxidants that help the skin retain its smoothness and elasticity.
Apricot is one of our favored oils at BIOTONE for professional spa and massage products because it is good for all skin types and like other carrier oils does not have a strong scent. You’ll find apricot oil a featured ingredient in Advanced Therapy Massage Creme, Gel and Lotion and Herbal Select Body Therapy Massage Creme, Oil and Foot Therapy Massage Lotion
You can treat clients to the benefits of Apricot Oil with the following treatment.
Deep-Sea Detoxify Me
Stimulate and soften skin with therapeutic salts from the Dead Sea and improve texture with Black Baltic Body Mud containing organic fresh water silts. A massage with light, silky, botanical filled Herbal Select Massage Creme leaves skin feeling smooth and intensely moisturized.
- Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow ……… 2 ounces
- Black Baltic Body Mud…… 4 ounces
- Detoxifying Customizing Complex ……60 drops
- Herbal Select Body Therapy Massage Creme…..1 ounce
- 3 Rubber spa bowls
- 9 Warm, moist hand towels
- Plastic Wrap
- Mix Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow with 30 drops of Detoxifying Customizing Complex in a
- Mix Black Baltic Body Mud with 30 drops of Detoxifying Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow.
- Apply Black Baltic Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body, while
quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with a towel to
- While standing at the head of the table, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap
and blanket, cocooning the client.
- Allow the client to rest for 15-20 min. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
- Remove plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible with the wrap. Remove
remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Be sure to cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
Perform a finishing treatment with Herbal Select Body Therapy Massage Creme.