If your clients love the smell of lemons, they will love Lemongrass Oil. Extracted by steam distillation from the Lemongrass, a tall perennial plant that is native to India and Southeast Asian countries, Lemongrass Oil has a light, fresh and lemony scent. It’s used in beverages and teas as a flavoring agent and in cosmetics and soaps for its fragrance.
The health benefits of Lemongrass Oil are extensive and are attributed to its beneficial properties as an analgesic, antidepressant, diuretic, sedative and tonic substance, to name just a few. Used in aromatherapy, Lemongrass Oil helps to relieve muscle pain and body aches.
Lemongrass Oil also has many skin healing and smoothing benefits. The essential oil has antimicrobial, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties to keep skin healthy by reducing bacterial growth. It helps to cleanse and tone the skin to make it even and glowing.
Fresh and Full Hydration
You can treat clients to the benefits of Lemongrass Oil with BIOTONE Fresh and Full Hydration treatment. First, gently polish to lift away dry skin to accelerate cell renewal, then provide an aroma-therapeutic body wrap for total mind-body healing. While relaxing and reviving the body give a refreshing face exfoliation and massage using Facial Therapy MicroRefiner and Facial Therapy Massage Creme, both of which both contain Lemongrass, to soften, tone and nourish skin. Finish the treatment with a luxurious full body massage.
• Micro-Buff Body Polish (2 oz)
• Serenity Aromatherapy Massage Lotion (1 oz)
• Facial Therapy MicroRefiner (1/8 oz)
• Facial Therapy Massage Creme (1/8 oz)
• Warm, moist hand towels (8)
• 2 rubber spa bowls
• Thermal Blanket
• Plastic Wrap (optional)
- Apply a full body exfoliation treatment with Micro-Buff Body Polish, following the BIOTONE protocol* for exfoliation.
- Apply Serenity Aromatherapy Massage Lotion to entire body and wrap with thermal blanket.
- Wrap client’s face with warm steaming towel, leave on for approximately one minute.
- Gently wipe face clean of makeup, be sure to avoid eye area.
- Apply Facial Therapy MicroRefiner evenly to face.
- Gently massage MicroRefiner into skin using small circular motions in an upward motion to work against gravity. Skin may appear rosy as this stimulates circulation.
- Wrap client’s face with another warm steaming towel, leave on for approximately one minute.
- Wipe face clean of granules.
- Apply even layer of Facial Therapy Massage Creme to client’s face and proceed with facial massage (8 to 10 minutes) until creme is fully absorbed.
- Unwrap Aromatherapy wrap and transition to normal massage set up, removing thermal blanket.
- Perform a finishing treatment with Serenity Aromatherapy Massage Lotion.
*Follow protocols in BIOTONE Spa Brochure