Fresh, floral and calming are certainly qualities that come to mind when you think of lavender. In fact, when the ancient Romans needed to unwind; they added lavender to their bath water because of its calming and relaxing effect. From those ancient days, the oil of this floral scented herb, which comes from the Latin word lavare and means to wash, has continued to be used in making perfume and also in a range of massage and body treatment products over the years for its fragrant scent and soothing effect. Its calming scent can be helpful in treating migraines, headaches, tension and stress, too.
Lavender has far more benefits than just its soothing scent. Lavender contains antioxidants that help fight the effects of environmental pollutants on the skin. According to Dr. Axe website, researchers in China discovered that lavender essential oil helps produce three of the body’s most powerful antioxidants, including gluthathione, catalase and SOD within 22 hours of using it.
Lavender oil also has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that are beneficial to use on aching and tense muscles and joint pain. It also eases swelling and improves blood circulation. Research indicates that aromatherapy with lavender oil has relaxation effects and may have beneficial effects on coronary circulation.
With its many benefits for muscle and joint pain relief and inducing calmness and relaxation, we have included lavender oil in a wide range of BIOTONE products.
- Relaxing Therapeutic Massage Creme
- Aromatherapy Massage Lotions: Calming and Serenity
- Herbal Select Body Therapy Massage Creme
- Herbal Select Body Therapy Massage Oil
- Marine Therapy Pedi-Balm
- Polar Lotion
- Serenity Room Mist
- Essential Oil Blends: Harmony, Meditation, Muscle Comfort, Serenity, Sleep Well, Stress Remedy, Vitality, Hope and Peace
Body Buff Treatment
You can treat clients to the soothing powers of lavender with Body Buff Treatment. It begins with a luxurious cornmeal & poppy seed exfoliant with scents of lavender and rose. Followed by an ultra-hydrating body wrap to help refine and soften skin, while accelerating cell renewal. A finishing massage treatment is completed with the calming scents of lavender and calendula.
- Lavender & Rose Perfect Grain Body Exfoliant 1.5 ounces
- European Rose Body Mud 2.5 ounces
- Lavender & Calendula Hydrating Massage Lotion 1 ounce
- 3 Rubber Spa Bowls
- 10 Warm Moist Towels
- 2 Sheets Plastic Wrap
- Place 1.5 ounce of Lavender & Rose Perfect Grain Body Exfoliant in a rubber bowl.
- Place 2.5 ounces of European Rose Body Mud in a rubber bowl.
- Place 1 ounce of Lavender & Calendula Hydrating Massage Lotion in a rubber bowl.
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with Lavender & Rose Perfect Grain Body Exfoliant.
- Apply European Rose Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body, while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with a towel to keep warm.
- While standing at the head of the table, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap and blanket, cocooning the client.
- Allow the client to rest 15-20 minutes. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
- Remove the plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible with the wrap. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Be sure to cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
Perform a finishing treatment with Lavender & Calendula Hydrating Massage Lotion.