Want to help your clients delay the signs of aging? Introduce them to the skin enhancing benefits of avocado oil. With its chemical properties and water-retaining qualities, avocado oil also acts as a moisturizer to promote soft and supple skin. According to Med-health.net, avocado oil contains:
• A high amount of proteins and unsaturated fats, which are strong skin agents.
• Sterolin, which studies have shown facilitates the softening of the skin and reduces the incidence of age spots.
• Antioxidants like vitamins A, D and E cause the skin to be suppler, and are thus particularly good for sun-damaged, dry or aged skin.
• Lecithin and Potassium, which are all highly beneficial for the skin as well as the hair.
A Superfood Profile on avocado oil suggests that its skin benefits may be the way it helps increase the production of collagen, which starts to break down as we age due to damage from the sun, poor nutrition, and other environmental factors. Avocado oil may help delay wrinkles and other signs of skin aging by preventing, and perhaps even reversing collagen breakdown.
Hydration Preparation Treatment
Prepare your client’s skin for the dry winter months ahead with Hydration Preparation. The treatment, which was introduced in the BIOTONE October 19th Open House, includes Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow, which includes avocado oil. Follow the treatment with a hydrating wrap of natural sun-dried rose clay to accelerate cell renewal and soften skin. Then finish with a relaxing massage using our thick and creamy Smoothing Massage Butter.
• Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow 2 oz
• European Rose Body Mud 2 oz
• Smoothing Massage Butter 1 oz
• Lavender EO 10 drops
• 3 rubber spa bowls
• 9 warm, moist hand towels
• Warm Towel
• Plastic Wrap
1. Mix Smoothing Massage Butter with 10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil in a rubber bowl.
2. Apply an exfoliation treatment with Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow.*
3. Apply European Rose Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body*, while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with a towel to keep warm.
4. Cocoon the client by pulling up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap and blanket.
5. Allow the client to rest for 15-20 min. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
6. Remove plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible with the wrap. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Be sure to cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
7. Perform a finishing treatment with the Smoothing Massage Butter that was previously mixed with Lavender Essential Oil.
*Follow protocols in BIOTONE Spa Brochure