In the savannah regions of West and Central Africa, the people call the Karite Tree, the Tree of Life. Here in this dry, arid region, the fruit of the nut of the Karite Tree, known as Shea Butter, has been used extensively to improve skin and hair. Today, it’s one of the most versatile natural skin care ingredients, used in an array of health and beauty products.
Rich in stearic and oleic fatty acids, Shea Butter helps to retain skin moisture and elasticity. In addition, it contains an abundance of Vitamins A and E, which have demonstrated both antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Shea Butter also is a source of cinnamic acid, a substance that helps protect the skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun. That explains why it’s used throughout Africa where the intensity of the sun can be particularly damaging to the skin.
At BIOTONE, Shea Butter is a key ingredient in many of our massage and skin treatment products because of many skin benefits. You’ll find it in: Aromatherapy Massage Lotions (Bliss, Serenity, Calming, Energy and Renewal), Body Luxe Hydrating Wrap, Controlled Glide Massage Creme, Marine Therapy Pedi-Balm, Marine Therapy Pedi-Scrub, Pure Touch Organics Massage Creme, Smoothing Massage Butter, Unscented Hydrating Massage Lotion, Ultra-Hydrating Body Butters, Ultra-Hydrating Body Lotions and Dry Oil Body Sprays.
Autumn Glow Restoration Wrap
Autumn Glow Restoration Wrap, which features Body Luxe Hydrating Wrap, is an intensely hydrating treatment that’s sure to provide a warm glow to skin still suffering from the dry and damaging effects of summer heat and sun. Sweet scents of milk, honey and fig will indulge the senses and inspire the feeling of comfort.
- Milk & Honey Sugar Body Polish 1.5 ounces
- Body Luxe Hydrating Wrap 1 ounce
- 2 Rubber Spa Bowls
- 4 Warm Moist Towels
- Place 1.5 ounces of Milk & Honey Sugar Body Polish in a rubber bowl
- Place 1 ounce Body Luxe Hydrating Wrap in a rubber bowl
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with Milk & Honey Sugar Body Polish
- Apply Body Luxe Hydrating Wrap in an even layer to each part of the body while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover client with towel to keep warm.
- While standing at the head of the table, pull up all the layers of sheets, thermal wrap and blankets, cocooning the client.
- Allow client to rest for 15-20 minutes. This is an ideal time to perform a gentle scalp massge.
- Remove plastic sheet, removing as much Body Luxe Hydrating Wrap as possible
Perform finishing treatment