When the ancient Romans needed to relax, they added lavender to their bathwater. The floral scented herb, which comes from the Latin word lavare and means to wash, has continued to be used in a range of massage and body treatment products over the years for its fragrant scent and calming effect. Lavender’s refreshing aroma helps to ease anxiety and nervousness while also increasing mental activity.
A soothing scent is not all that lavender is known for. It contains antioxidants that help fight the effects of environmental pollutants on the skin. The lavender essential oil also is considered an excellent remedy for various types of pains from sore and tense muscles, muscular aches, sprains, and backache. A regular massage with lavender oil can provide relief from pain in the joints.
Organic Facts also notes that research indicates that aromatherapy using lavender oil has beneficial effects on coronary circulation. It also lowers blood pressure and is often used as a treatment for hypertension.
Here’s a treatment that includes lavender in BIOTONE Marine Therapy Pedi Products to help clients relieve tension in the mind and body. Soothing Tension Treatment is a full body aromatherapy treatment to relieve muscle tension and melt away body stress so that clients will feel calm and relaxed from head to toe.
- Relaxing Therapeutic Massage Creme 2 oz
- Muscle Comfort Essential Oil Blend 3 drops
- Marine Therapy Pedi Scrub ¼ oz
- Marine Therapy Pedi Balm ¼ oz
- 2 Rubber Spa Bowls
- 3 Warm Moist Towels
1. Take 1 warm moist towel and wring out all excess water.
2. Add 3 drops of Muscle Comfort EO Blend to the damp towel.
3. Place towel with EO underneath the bottom of the head cradle (inside the cradle cover).
4. Place ¼ oz of Marine Therapy Pedi Scrub in a rubber bowl.
5. Place ¼ oz of Marine Therapy Pedi Balm in a rubber bowl.
6. Apply Marine Therapy Pedi Scrub to the client’s feet and perform an exfoliation.*
7. Remove with warm, moist towels.
8. Apply Relaxing Therapeutic Massage Creme to the body and perform a massage.
9. Apply Marine Therapy Pedi Balm for a finishing foot treatment.