The detoxifying benefits of sea fennel have been heralded since the time of Hippocrates, the ancient Greek physician. Today, we continue to value this hardy plant for its outstanding restorative qualities.
Also called samphire, crest marine, marine fennel and rock samphire, sea fennel can be found on the Mediterranean and western coasts of Europe and the southern and western coasts of Britain and Ireland, although it has adapted to other parts of the world. A hardy coastal plant with fleshy green leaves and yellow and green flowers, sea fennel grows wild on rocky beaches and between pebbles.
Sea fennel is rich in sea salt minerals, including potassium and iodine, and vitamins A, C and E. It is used in cosmetics and skin care products because its antioxidant, conditioning and soothing properties help to energize and rejuvenate the skin.
You’ll find sea fennel in BIOTONE:
Wrap it Up
Pamper clients with this botanical rich treatment as a thank you for being a valued client or as a “gift to self” this holiday season. Wrap It Up contains sea fennel in both the Marine Therapy Pedi Scrub and Marine Therapy Pedi Balm.
- Pedi-Scrub ½ ounce
- Pedi-Balm ½ ounce
- 6 warm, moist towels
- 1 plastic sheet cut to size
- 1 thermal blanket
- 1 large bath towel
- Begin treatment with client in a supine position with knees bolstered.
- Exfoliate the right leg from the foot to just below the knee. Repeat steps on left leg.
- Wrap each leg in two warm, moist towels.
- Wrap both legs in plastic sheet and thermal blanket.
- If adding on to full body massage, continue treatment of upper body. If add on, massage head, face and neck and integrate to legs with rocking and compression.
- Unwrap thermal blanket and remove exfoliant from right leg, then left leg using towels already wrapped around each leg.
- Remove plastic and thermal blanket from the table, leaving legs on the large bath towel.
- Wrap each leg in a fresh warm towel and wrap in the bath towel.
- Squeeze and compress the feet and legs through the bath towel until towels cool.
- Remove all towels, cover the left leg with a sheet or blanket and apply Pedi-Balm to right leg.
- Perform massage from foot to below knee on right leg.
Repeat on left leg.