Clients who love the scent of citrus – and who doesn’t – will thank you for introducing them to lemongrass essential oil. The oil, which comes from the lemongrass plant that grows in many tropical and subtropical parts of the world, offers a comforting citrus-earthy fragrance to help soothe and calm and reduce stress. The smell of lemongrass essential oil also helps to enhance energy and increase focus. For these reasons, lemongrass essential oil is popular in aromatherapy spa massage treatments.
In addition to its delightful scent, lemongrass essential oil is a bountiful source of many essential vitamins such as vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, folate, and vitamin C. And it provides essential minerals such as magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, potassium, calcium, zinc and iron.
The essential oil benefits of Lemongrass provide skin healing and smoothing. It has antimicrobial, antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties to keep skin healthy by reducing bacterial growth. It helps to cleanse and tone the skin to make it even and glowing. This makes lemongrass essential oil a popular ingredient in cosmetics and personal care items.
Here’s a treatment using lemongrass essential oil that incorporates the benefits and winning scent of Lemongrass to help clients retain radiant and dewy-fresh skin with a refreshing treatment. Calming Cucumber Face Soother features lemongrass essential oil in two of its key ingredients: BIOTONE Facial Therapy Micro Refiner and Herbal Select Face Therapy Massage Lotion.
- Sliced Cucumber – chilled……1
- Facial Therapy Micro Refiner…1/8 ounce
- Herbal Select Face Therapy Massage Lotion…1/8 ounce
- I Rubber Spa Bowl
- 2 warm, moist hand towels
- Wrap clients face with a warm towel - leave on for about 1 min.
- Gently wipe face clean of makeup, avoiding eye area.
- Apply Facial Therapy MicroRefiner evenly to the face, avoiding the eye area. Gently massage into skin using small circular upward motions to work against gravity.
- Wrap clients' faces with a fresh warm towel. Leave on for about 1 min.
- Wipe face clean of granules - this may take several passes with a wet towel.
- Apply cucumber slices to the client's face, including eyes, to cool and tighten skin. Leave on for 5 min.
- Apply even layer of Herbal Select Face Therapy Massage Lotion to clients face and proceed with facial massage.