Clients can use a hand at the holidays. We are not just talking about massage and spa treatments. Choosing the right gifts for friends and family members can be stressful, so here is where you come in. Help shoppers – especially those who wait till the last minute - by featuring a wide range of attractively displayed retail offerings. Retail sales can make up a significant part of your holiday revenue – or revenue at any time of the year for that matter – and you do not want to miss out the opportunity to ring up sales.
When it comes to merchandising, make sure you catch the eye of your spa or massage practice customers with displays that are prominent and appealing. A good display needs a focal point or main item or feature you want the customer to see. Maybe your focal point is a sale item or a new product offering. Surround the featured product with complementary ones to encourage additional sales. Just remember less is more. It is far better to have fewer products arranged in an inviting display that invites your clients to take the time to investigate
Here are some other things to keep in mind about your holiday merchandising:
Color counts: Clients are drawn to colors, which also evoke emotion and influence buying decisions. Try grouping items together that have a similar color but different shapes to create a visual theme.
Lighten thing up: Lighting not only brings colors to life; it attracts a buyer’s attention. It makes products stand out and enhances colors. Consider spotlights to highlight featured products or back lit displays.
Make buying easy: Do not restrict retail displays areas to a corner of your reception area or off to the entrance of your spa or massage business. Have several displays throughout your spa or massage business, including treatment rooms and hallways. Also offer ready-to-go baskets and wrapped items to make it easy for your clients to pick up a gift for others.
Help on hand: Be sure to have enough staff on hand to help clients with retail purchases. While your signage throughout the store may help direct clients to retail displays, it will not help boost sales if staff is not available to answer questions.
Do not depend on clients walking through the door to gain attention for retail offerings.
- Update your website to feature some of your holiday retail items and promote items through your social media channels – with gift buying suggestions for each member of the family, friends, and business associates.
- Leverage social channels to feature holiday gift items.
- Create attention-getting flyers and brochures mailed and featured in your spa or massage practice.
- Create retail email marketing campaign featuring suggestions for shoppers to suit a range of likes.
- Incorporate gift-certificates with purchases. Feature $20 or $30 gift certificates in a basket labeled “Gifts Under $40.”
- Bundle retail gifts and offer holiday gift baskets filled with an assortment of retail offerings.
Make the holidays stress free for clients with holiday gift offerings that stand out from the crowd.