Jojoba has enjoyed popularity since it came into commercial use about 30 years ago. At that time, jojoba oil, extracted from the seeds of the jojoba plant, which is indigenous to Arizona, California and northern Mexico, became a replacement for sperm whale oil when use of that product was banned because of the threat of extinction to sperm whales.
While it’s called an oil, technically jojoba isn’t. It’s actually a liquid wax. It earns its classification as a wax because its chemically differs from other oils. Jojoba oil is composed of 98 percent pure waxes, mainly fatty acids, alcohol, and hydrocarbons, unlike a true oil. That’s why it feels less greasy on the skin compared to oils. 
Jojoba oil originally was used by Native Americans to treat skin infections. It closely models the protection provided by the skin’s natural sebum, which also is largely composed of wax mono esters. It keeps the skin hydrated and supple and helps treat skin inflammation and infection. It also has an abundance of minerals -- silicon, chromium, copper and zinc -- and Vitamin E that protects and repair skin. It’s hypo-allergenic, so it can be used on the majority of clients. Non-greasy and easily washable, it’s a time and water saver at your spa or massage business.
This exceptionally skin-softening body treatment that contains Jojoba in the European Rose Body Mud and the Lavender & Calendula Hydrating Massage Lotion, begins with a luxurious cornmeal & poppy seed exfoliation with scents of Lavender & Rose. Next comes an ultra-hydrating body wrap to help refine and soften skin, while accelerating cell renewal. A finishing massage treatment is completed
Lavender & Rose Perfect Grain Body Exfoliant, 1.5 oz.
European Rose Body Mud, 2.5 oz
Lavender & Calendula Hydrating Massage Lotion, 1 oz.
3 Rubber Spa Bowls
10 Warm Moist Towels
2 sheets Plastic Wrap
1. Place 1.5 oz of Body Exfoliant in a rubber bowl.
- Place 2.5 oz of European Rose Body Mud in a rubber bowl.
- Place 1 oz of Lavender & Calendula Hydrating Massage Lotion in a rubber bowl.
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with Lavender & Rose Perfect Grain Body Exfoliant.*
- Apply European Rose Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body*, while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with a towel to keep warm.
- While standing at the head of the table, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap and blanket, cocooning the client.
- Allow the client to rest for 15-20 min. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
- Remove plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible with the wrap. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Be sure to cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
- Perform a finishing treatment with Lavender & Calendula Hydrating Massage Lotion..
*Follow protocols on BIOTONE.com