A spoonful of sugar not only “helps the medicine go down,” as Mary Poppins (aka Julie Andrews) reminded up in the popular 1964 movie, it can do wonders for your skin. Today pure cane sugar is a popular ingredient in many skin care products, including our just introduced BIOTONE Sugar Body Polishes, because as Hothouse Bath and Body News Points out, it:
- Acts as a natural and eco-friendly exfoliator
- Doesn’t clog pores
- Restores balance to natural oils in the skin
- Helps to eliminate blemishes
Benefits of Pure Cane Sugar for Skin
Pure cane sugar naturally contains Alpha Hydroxy Acids or AHA, a type of glycolic acid, which is essential for maintaining healthy skin. AHA reduces signs of aging caused by wrinkles by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin. AHA also helps protect the skin from becoming too dry or too oily therefore helping to maintain its perfect oil balance.
AHAs are a key ingredient in exfoliators because they help detach the dead cells on the surface of the skin, the epidermis, to enable the regrowth of new skin. The new layer of skin has a smoother texture and more uniform lighter color. AHAs are particularly helpful for sun-damaged and dry skin because they make moisturizing easier since they remove the dead cells on the skin’s surface.
Café Brulée Indulgence
Treat your clients to the exfoliating benefits of sugar Café Brulée Indulgence treatment
This full body exfoliation uses a decadent sugar body polish made with pure cane sugar, nourishing coconut oil and natural exfoliant seeds in a creamy, thick buttery base. Use in combination with warm wet towels to slough away dead skin cells, revealing beautiful, radiant, youthful skin. Then cocoon your clients with a silky layer of Cocoa Comfort Massage Balm to hydrate and moisturize. Finish with a relaxing massage, leaving the skin with a lingering scent of chocolate.
- 2 rubber spa bowls
- 6 warm, moist hand towels
- Add 2 oz of Café Brulée Sugar Body Polish in a rubber spa bowl.
- Add 1.5 oz of Cocoa Comfort Massage Balm in a rubber spa bowl.
- Apply 2 oz of Café Brulée Sugar Body Polish following the BIOTONE protocol* for exfoliation.
- Apply Cocoa Comfort Massage Balm in an even layer to each part of the body,*while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover client with towel to keep warm.
- While standing at the head of the table, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap and blankets, cocooning the client.
- Allow the client to rest wrapped for 15-20 minutes. This is an ideal time to incorporate a face or foot massage into the treatment.
- Remove plastic sheet, and perform a finishing massage treatment with the Cocoa Comfort Massage Balm.
* Follow protocols in BIOTONE Spa Brochure
Session Time: 60-90 min.
Cost Per Treatment: $3.02 larger sizes