When you are looking for something natural to help you relax, look no further than Chamomile. The herb, which means “ground apple” in Greece because of its apple scent, has been used throughout the ages to help calm the nerves and as an aid for insomnia. Because of its anti-inflammatory benefits, Chamomile also was used by the ancient Greeks and Roman to treat cuts and wounds. Over time, the healing effects of chamomile found their way into treatments to soothe stomach aches, calm muscle spasm and help prevent and treat colds
Chamomile’s anti-inflammatory properties make it a common ingredient in skincare products. Its antioxidant-rich flavonoids help the skin recover from sun damage and boost elastin and collage production. Azulene, a liquid hydrocarbon present in the essential oil of the Chamomile flower, has soothing and antibacterial properties, anti-inflammatory effects and also is believed to assist in cell regeneration.
You can help clients achieve a state of inner peace with a gentle exfoliation and calming wrap that incorporates a blend of essential oils that provides a restful relaxation. A massage with Relaxing Therapeutic Massage Creme, which includes Chamomile, completes the treatment and leaves skin soothed and hydrated.
• Micro-Buff Body Polish 2 ounces
• Black Baltic Body Mud 4 ounces
• Peace Balancing Blend 45 drops
• Relaxing Therapeutic Massage Creme 1 ounce
• 3 rubber spa bowls
• Plastic Wrap
• 9 warm, moist hand towels
- Mix Micro-Buff Body Polish with 15 drops of Peace Balancing Blend.
- Mix Black Baltic Body Mud with 30 drops of Peace Balancing Blend.
- Apply and exfoliation treatment with the Micro-Buff Body Polish.
- Apply Black Baltic Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body, while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover client with a towel to keep warm.
- Allow client to rest 15-20 min. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
- Remove plastic wrap, remove as much mud as possible. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
- Perform a finishing treatment with Relaxing Therapeutic Massage Creme.