Having trouble sleeping? A nice hot cup of chamomile tea might be just what the doctor ordered. Chamomile, which means ‘ground apple’ in Greek, has been used for centuries as a cure for insomnia since it calms the nervous system, writes Christina Sarach in “9 Amazing Health Benefits of Chamomile Tea.” The ancient Greece and Rome and Egyptian also used chamomile as a salve to treat cuts and wounds. Over time, the healing effects of chamomile found their way into other treatments to soothe stomach aches, calm muscle spasm and help prevent and treat colds. Research also has been conducted on the use of chamomile tea to reduce numerous cancer cells, points out Sarach.
Today in addition to a being sleep aid and to help fight colds and aid indigestion, chamomile has a number of benefits for the skin. Chamomile contains flavonoids and azulene substances. Antioxidant-rich flavonoids help the skin recover from sun damage and boost elastin and collage production. Azulene has soothing and antibacterial properties, anti-inflammatory effects and also is believed to assist in cell regeneration.
You’ll find chamomile included in several BIOTONE products including. Herbal Select Body Therapy Creme, Pure Touch Organics Creme and Gel, Relaxing Therapeutic Massage Creme and Calming Aromatherapy Massage Lotion.
Here’s a treatment using Herbal Select Body Therapy Creme to helps client skin feel smooth and intensely moisturized: Deep Sea Toxify Me
Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow (2 oz)
Black Baltic Body Mud (4 oz)
Detoxifying Customizing Complex (60 drops)
Herbal Select Body Therapy Massage Creme (1 oz)
Rubber spa bowls (3)
Warm, moist hand towels (9)
Plastic Wrap (1)
- Mix Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow with 30 drops of Detoxifying Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Black Baltic Body Mud with 30 drops of Detoxifying Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow.*
- Apply Black Baltic Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body*, while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with a towel to keep warm.
- While standing at the head of the table, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap and blanket, cocooning the client.
- Allow the client to rest for 15-20 min. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
- Remove plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible with the wrap. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Be sure to cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
Perform a finishing treatment with Herbal Select Body Therapy Massage Creme.