Summer may be moving on, but you can help clients keep a “sunny disposition” by offering them the benefits of Sunflower Oil. The oil of the universally loved Sunflower helps to keep skin younger looking and toned all year round.
Sunflower Oil is rich in vitamins that provide many skin-healthy benefits. It contains Vitamin A, which is necessary for the repair and maintenance of the skin; medical studies show it reduces lines and wrinkles. Sunflower Oil also is rich in Vitamin C, thereby providing the skin with antioxidant protection against free radicals that cause premature aging.
Sunflower Oil’s abundant supply of Vitamins D and E also provides needed protection against free radicals. In addition to countering the effects of free radicals, Vitamin D boosts skin cell development and repair, and Vitamin helps the skin maintain moisture. And it is a source of Vitamin F or linoleic acid. The Omega-6 essential fatty acid treats skin disorders like eczema; restores skin damage; and helps maintain smooth, moist skin.
BIOTONE products that include Sunflower Oil are Lab+Blends Oral Tincture, Aromatherapy Massage Lotions, Controlled-Glide Creme, Herbal Select Body Therapy Massage Creme, Herbal Select Body Therapy Massage Oil, Herbal Therapy Select Foot Therapy Massage Lotion, Muscle & Joint Therapeutic Massage Gel, Nutri-Naturals Massage Creme, Nutri-Naturals Light Massage Oil, Nutri-Naturals Massage Lotion, Pure Touch Organics Massage Creme, Pure Touch Organics Massage Gel, and True Balance Massage Gel.
Road to Recovery
Here’s a treatment featuring sunflower oil that also helps stressed and weary clients rejuvenate. “Road to Recovery” is a 90-minute session that eradicates stress and tension with a combination of slow deep massage strokes, deep tissue finger pressure, and targeted compressions. The session is designed to be therapeutic yet painless and relaxing. It includes the option to add essential oils.
• Controlled-Glide Massage Crème ................................2 oz
• Essential Oil of Choice (Optional)..........................15 Drops
• 1 Rubber spa bowl
1. Place Controlled-Glide Massage Creme in rubber spa bowl. Mix in Essential oil (Optional).
2. With the client in a prone position, adjust the top sheet and blanket
to fully cover the client.
3. Perform slow effleurage strokes over the blanket from the mid-back down each leg.
4. Perform slow effleurage strokes over the blanket from the mid-back up the spine and down each arm.
5. Perform slow compressions starting at the client’s feet, up the client’s legs and back, and down the arms. Hold each compression for 4 seconds.
6. Undrape the client’s back and perform 3 deep tissue strokes up each side of the back, from sacrum to neck, starting close to the spine and moving slightly lateral with each stroke.
7. Perform deep tissue finger pressure along the spine line, scooping away from the spine and holding each compression for 10 seconds.
8. Perform targeted finger compressions to any “knots” found during the previous steps.
9. Repeat deep tissue strokes work from the neck to the low back on this round.
10. Undrape the client’s right leg and perform 3 deep tissue strokes up the leg, starting close to the midline and moving slightly lateral with each stroke.
11. Perform deep tissue finger pressure up the leg's center, scooping away from the center with both hands.
12. Perform targeted finger compressions to any “knots” found during the previous steps.
13. Repeat deep tissue strokes work from the hip to the foot on this round.
14. Repeat on left leg.
15. Have the client flip to a supine position.
16. Repeat steps 10 – 13 on the anterior legs.
17. Undrape the client’s right arm and perform 3 deep tissue strokes up the arm, starting with palm down, then rotating to thumb up, and finally palm up.
18. Perform deep tissue finger pressure up the arm's center, scooping away from the center with both hands.
19. Perform targeted finger compressions to any “knots” found during the previous steps.
20. Repeat deep tissue strokes work from the shoulder to the wrist on this round.
21. Perform compression and stretching to the hand.
22. Repeat on left arm and hand.
23. Undrape the client’s shoulders and perform 3 deep tissue strokes up the shoulder and neck, starting at the AC joint and ending at the occipital ridge.
24. Perform deep tissue finger pressure working anterior to posterior with a slow hold at the end of each stroke—repeat stroke from the AC joint to the occipital ridge.
25. Perform targeted finger compressions to any “knots” found during the previous steps.
26. Perform face and scalp massage.
27. Perform compression and stretching to the neck.
28. Massage client’s stomach through the blanket working counterclockwise with slow deep effleurage.
29. Perform compression and stretching to the feet.
30. Rock, the client’s whole body slowly for 4 minutes to close the session.