With its fleshy and thorny leaves, many believe the Aloe Vera is a cactus. But Aloe Vera is actually a member of the Lily family. Like other succulents, it stays moist by closing its pores to prevent moisture loss. Slice open the lower part of the Aloe Vera leaf and you’ll find a gel that can be applied to the skin for a number of healing and moisturizing benefits.
Aloe Vera is used in treating sunburn because of its anti-inflammatory properties. Aloe Vera also is used in a range of skincare products because it contains several antioxidants, including beta carotene, vitamins C and E, to help improve the skin’s firmness and keep it hydrated.
Beautiful Skin says that Aloe is the perfect hydrating ingredient because of its high water, mineral, and vitamin content. It deeply hydrates and nourishes the skin. It also can harness water on the skin's surface and prevent it from evaporating.
You’ll find Aloe Vera or Aloe Vera Oil in many of our BIOTONE massage products, including:
- Clear Results Massage Oil
- Cocoa Comfort Massage Balm
- Cocoa Comfort Massage Lotion
- Controlled Glide Massage Creme
- Deep Tissue Massage Lotion
- Dual-Purpose Massage Creme
- Facial Therapy Massage Creme
- Herbal Select Body Therapy Massage Creme
- Herbal Select Body Therapy Massage Oil
- Herbal Select Face Therapy Massage Lotion
- Herbal Select Foot Therapy Massage Lotion
- Marine Therapy Pedi-Balm
- Marine Therapy Pedi-Scrub
- Polar Lotion
- True Balance Massage Gel
Let your client enjoy the benefits of Aloe Vera with Berry Cocoa Body Glow treatment
- Exfoli-Seat Salt Glow 2 ounces
- Cocoa Comfort Massage Balm 1.5 ounces
- Pomegranate & Cranberry Customizing Complex 34 drops
- 2 rubber spa bowls
- Plastic wrap
- 4 warm, moist hand towels
- Mix Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow with 30 drops of Pomegranate & Cranberry Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Mix Cocoa Comfort Massage Balm with 4 drops of Pomegranate & Cranberry Customizing Complex.
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow.
- Apply Cocoa Comfort Massage Balm in an even layer to each part of the body, while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover client with towel to keep warm.
- While standing at the head of the table, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap and blankets, cocooning the client.
- Allow client to rest for 15-20 minutes. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
- Remove plastic wrap, removing as much Cocoa Comfort Massage Balm as possible.
- Perform finishing treatment with product that remains on the skin.
Watch the video for a hands-on demonstration of the treatment.