Love almonds? Many people do, and they should since almonds are one of the superfoods rich in nutrients. Almonds help regulate cholesterol and are a rich source of calcium, magnesium, vitamins E, D, and B and, dietary fibers. But while there is no denying almonds are packed with nutritional punch, there is one glaring misconception about them. They are not nuts! They actually are the seed of a fruit, which therefore makes them drupes. “A drupe is a type of fruit in which an outer fleshy part surrounds a shell (what we sometimes call a pit) with a seed inside,” explains Serious Eats.
And when it comes to even more goodness from almonds, consider what almond oil can do for skin. Among its many benefits, notes New Health Guide, almond oil traps moisture in the skin to keep it moisturized. The vitamins in almond oil help delay the appearance of wrinkles. And almond oil also can help reverse skin sun damage.
Almond oil can be used as a carrier oil in aromatherapy. It has a fine texture, is easily absorbed, and helps to leave the skin soft and satiny smooth, yet it is non-greasy and easily absorbed.
You’ll find almond oil in BIOTONE Dual Purpose Massage Creme with its silky, non-greasy feel, Revitalizing Massage Oil, and Deep-Tissue Massage Lotion. Also, offer your clients the benefits of almond oil with the following treatment:
Radiantly Rosy Body Buff
This exceptionally skin-softening body treatment begins with a luxurious cornmeal & poppy seed exfoliation with Lavender & Rose's scents. Followed by an ultra-hydrating body wrap to help refine and soften skin while accelerating cell renewal. A finishing massage treatment is completed with the #1 Therapists’ Favorite – Dual Purpose Massage Creme.
- Lavender & Rose Perfect Grain Body Exfoliant 1.5 oz
- European Rose Body Mud 2.5 oz
- Dual Purpose Massage Creme 1 oz
- 3 Rubber Spa Bowls
- 10 Warm Moist Towels
- 2 Sheets Plastic wrap
1. Place 1.5 oz of Lavender & Rose Perfect Grain Body Exfoliant in a rubber bowl.
2. Place 2.5 oz of European Rose Body Mud in a rubber bowl.
3. Place 1 oz of Dual Purpose Massage Creme in a rubber bowl.
4. Apply an exfoliation treatment with Lavender & Rose Perfect Grain Body Exfoliant.
5. Apply European Rose Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with a towel to keep warm.
6. While standing at the head of the table, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap, and blanket, cocooning the client.
7. Allow the client to rest for 15-20 min. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
8. Remove plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible with the wrap. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Be sure to cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
9. Perform a finishing treatment with Dual Purpose Massage Creme