Make Bergamot Oil an Essential Sngredient to Help Clients Relax at your Spa and Massage Practice
By Jean Shea on Mar 13, 2014
Among tea lovers, Bergamot Oil is synonymous with Earl Gray. The popular tea derives its unique spicy, floral aroma from the rind of the Bergamot, a fragrant citrus fruit the size of an orange but the color of a lemon. It is believed that Columbus brought Bergamot from the Canary Islands to Italy, specifically to the city of Bergamo explaining how this delightful fruit got its name. Because of its powerful scent, Bergamot Oil is used in many perfumes, often as the top note.
Among its many benefits, Bergamot Oil is considered to have antiseptic properties and so is often used in creams and lotions to treat oily skin. At BIOTONE, we value Bergamot Oil for its aromatherapy properties. It's uplifting and helps to reduce stress and anxiety. In addition to our essential oil singe note offering, you'll find Bergamot Oil in our Herbal Select Body Therapy Massage Oil and Herbal Select Face Therapy Massage Lotion, Bliss and Renewal Aromatherapy Massage Lotions, and Muscle and Joint Therapeutic Massage Gel.
At any time of the year, you can help your client relax with the following treatment that features the soothing benefits of Bergamot Oil.
Fall into Relaxation
Nurture your clients mind, body and spirit. Promote relaxation and a sense of wellbeing with a calming wrap combined with a soothing scalp massage that will melt their worries away. Complete the treatment with a massage using Bliss Aromatherapy Massage Lotion to lift the spirit and promote a sense of joy.
- Micro-Buff Body Polish ------------------------ 2 oz
- European Rose Mud -------------------------- 4 oz
- Bliss Aromatherapy Massage Lotion ------1 oz
- Replenishing Light Oil ------------------------ 1 oz
- Relaxing Customizing Complex ----------- 45 drops
- 2 rubber spa bowls
- Tipped applicator bottle
- Plastic wrap
- 10 warm, moist hand towels
- Mix Micro-Buff Body Polish with 15 drops of Relaxing Customizing Complex
- Mix European Rose Mud with 30 drops of Relaxing Customizing Complex
- Warm products prior to application
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with the Micro-Buff Body Polish following the BIOTONE protocol* for exfoliation.
- Apply European Rose Mud in an even layer to each part of the body*, while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover client with a towel to keep warm.
- While standing at the head of the table, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap and blanket, cocooning the client.
- Apply Replenishing Light Oil sparingly to the scalp and massage. Beginning at the temples with the fingers spread; massage the scalp in small circles for approximately 5 minutes. Cover scalp with a warm moist hand towel.
- Allow client to rest for 10 - 15 minutes
- Remove plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible with the wrap. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Be sure to cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel. Remove towel from scalp.
- Perform a finishing treatment with Bliss Aromatherapy Massage Lotion