There is a reason why Shea Butte has been used for centuries as a cosmetic ingredient to smooth, sooth and condition skin. For starters, Shea Butter, which comes from the fruit of the nut of the Shea Tree grown in the African savannah belt, provides an abundance of vitamins A and E. These vitamins have shown both antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Shea Butter also is a source of cinnamic acid, a substance that helps to protect the skin from the harmful UV rays of the sun.
Healthline points to other reasons for the popularity of Shea Butter. Among them: 
Safe for all skin types: Although Shea Butter technically is a tree nut product, it is low in the proteins that can trigger allergies. And it does not contain chemical irritants known to dry skin or clog pores.
Easily absorbed by skin: Owing to high levels of linoleic acid and oleic acid, which balance each other out, Shea Butter is easily absorbed by skin so there is no oily look after application.
Helps boost collagen production: Shea Butter contains triterpenes, which are naturally occurring chemical compounds that are thought to deactivate collagen fiber destruction to minimize the appearance of fine lines and help plump up skin.
Helps promote cell regeneration: Shea Butter’s moisturizing and antioxidant properties work together to help generate healthy new skin cells.
May relieve arthritis pain and sore muscles: An animal study conducted in 2016 on shea oil concentrate suggests that it can help reduce inflammation while protecting joints from further damage. By reducing inflammation, Shea Butter may also help sore muscles.
De-Stress & Detoxify Body Wrap
Refresh and hydrate clients’ skin and help melt away their tension with a deeply relaxing and detoxifying full-body treatment that provides Shea Butter in one of the key ingredients, Smoothing Massage Butter. De-Stress & Detoxify Body Wrap is enhanced with deep-water silts and key essential oils to provide a richly nourishing skin treatment.
- Exfoli-Sea Salt 5 ounces
- Stress Remedy EO Blend 3 drops
- Black Baltic Body Mud 5 ounces
- Smoothing Massage Butter 2 ounces
- Lavender & Calendula Customizing Complex 20 droops
- 3 Rubber Spa Bowls
- 10 Warm Moist Towels
- 2 Sheets Plastic Wrap
- Place 1.5 ounces of Exfoli-Sea Salt in a rubber bowl
- Place 2.5 ounces of Black Baltic Body Mud in a rubber bowl
- Place 2 ounces of Smoothing Massage Butter in a rubber bowl
- Mix 3 drops of Stress Remedy EO Blend with Exfoli-Sea Salt.
- Mix 20 drops of Lavender & Calendula Customizing Complex with Smoothing Massage Butter
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with Exfoli-Sea Salt
- Apply Black Baltic Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with a towel to keep warm.
- While standing at the head of the table, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap, and blanket, cocooning the client.
- Allow the client to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible with the wrap. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Be sure to cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
- Perform a finishing treatment with Smoothing Massage Butter.
 Watson, Kathryn, “What is Shea Butter? 22 Reasons to Add It To Your Routine,” healthline, March 7, 2019. https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/what-is-shea-butter