Green tea is not just good to consume because of its antioxidant properties. It has one of the highest amounts of antioxidants and beneficial polyphenols (plant-based compounds that act as an antioxidant) of teas so that you will want to include it in client skin treatments. In addition to antioxidant benefits, green tea also has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. For these reasons, it has become popular ingredient for use in skin creams and beauty masks.
Among its skin benefits, green tea:
Fights aging: With its antioxidant properties, green can be beneficial in fighting the signs of aging, including fine lines and wrinkles. When applied topically, the polyphenols in green tea help prevent oxidative damage, which is the cause of these aging symptoms.
Treats skin conditions: Polyphenols have been proven to reduce inflammation, promote healing and fight certain types of bacteria. This makes green tea useful in flighting skin blemishes and acne.
Promotes skin healing: The gallic acid compounds (classified as a phenolic acid) in green tea support different stage of wound healing. This speeds up healing of scars while also improving skin elasticity.
Prevents skin disorders from sun: A study conducted in 2003, found green tea polyphenols can help prevent solar UVB light-induced skin disorders, including melanoma skin cancer, nonmelanoma skin cancer and photoaging. 
Green Tea Energy
As we get into warmer weather, combat the effects of the hot summer sun on clients’ skin with BIOTONE’s signature customizing complex Green Tea & Lime Leaf. Restore depleted energy and deliver moisture to dehydrated skin while a blend of powerful anti-oxidants repairs and protects.
• Micro Buff Body Polish [2 oz]
• European Rose Body Mud [4 oz]
• True Balance Massage Gel [1 oz]
• Green Tea & Lime Leaf Customizing Complex [55 drops]
3 Rubber Spa Bowls
9 Warm, Moist Hand Towels
1. Mix Micro-Buff Body Polish with 15 drops of Green Tea & Lime Leaf Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
2. Mix European Rose Mud with 30 drops of Green Tea & Lime Leaf Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
3. Mix True Balance Massage Gel with 10 drops of Green Tea & Lime Leaf Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
4. Apply an exfoliation treatment with the Micro-Buff Body Polish.
5. Apply European Rose Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body, while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover client with a towel to keep warm.
6. Allow client to rest 15-20 minutes. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
7. Remove plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
8. Perform a finishing treatment with True Balance Massage Gel.
 Ware, Megan, “What are the health benefits of green tea?” Medical News Today, January 4, 2023. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/269538
 Sanke, Sarita, “9 Benefits of Using Green Tea for Skin and Hair,” eMediHealth, November 14, 2022. https://www.emedihealth.com/skin-beauty/green-tea-benefits-skin-hair
 Frothingham, Scott, “Green Tea for Your Skin,” healthline, June 18, 2019. https://www.healthline.com/health/benefits-of-green-tea-for-skin#green-tea-and-skin-cancer