Looking to enhance your skin from the effects of cold weather? Then you’ll want to add cornmeal to the list of ingredients to use with client exfoliations and scrubs. A cornmeal exfoliation helps to get rid of excess oil and dirt. It is effective in removing dead cell particles from the skin to leave skin fresh, clean and smooth. Also, cornmeal naturally prevents skin dryness.
A cornmeal scrub also can stimulate the lymph system, which is responsible for removing toxins from the body. The gentle massage of rubbing a cornmeal scrub helps to improve the circulation of blood right under the skin, giving the skin that healthy glow.
Cornmeal is a good source of vitamin C, thiamin, niacin, vitamin E and other minerals and antioxidants, which might be crucial for skin care. It includes lycopene which fights towards UV rays and assists in the improved production of collagen that ensures radiantly easy pores and skin.
The Perfect Pear
Awaken client skin during this cold winter with a refreshing exfoliation that features cornmeal to help restore the skin’s natural radiance, preparing it for ultra-hydrating moisture. Perfect for a couples’ treatment, “The Perfect Pear,” featuring Pear & Ginger Perfect Grain Body Exfoliant that includes cornmeal, provides uplifting aromas of pear and ginger to enhance the senses.
• Pear & Ginger Perfect Grain Body Exfoliant ................ 2 oz
• Black Baltic Body Mud .................................................. 2 oz
• Smoothing Massage Butter .......................................... 1 oz
• Uplifting Customizing Complex .....................................50 drops
Tools (For 1 client)
• 3 Rubber Spa Bowls
• Plastic Wrap
• 9 warm, moist hand towels
1. Place the Pear & Ginger Perfect Grain Body Exfoliant in a rubber bowl.
2. Mix Black Baltic Body Mud with 30 drops of Uplifting Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Mix Smoothing Massage Butter with 20 drops of Uplifting Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with the Pear & Ginger Perfect Grain Body Exfoliant.
5.Apply Black Baltic Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body, while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover client with a towel to keep warm.
6. Allow client to rest 15-20 min. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
7. Remove plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
8. Perform finishing treatment with Smoothing Massage Butter.
About Pear & Ginger Perfect Grain Body Exfoliant
The indulgent exfoliator contains pure grains of white cornmeal, poppy seed, apricot seed and walnut shell powder to sweep away impurities and dullness. Rich botanicals of chamomile, lavender, melissa and passion flower work to help restore the skin’s natural radiance while preparing skin for moisturizing treatments. Uplifting aromas of pear and ginger enhance the senses. Gently polish, can use daily.
 “Naturally Exfoliate Face and Body with Cornmeal,” Medicinal Herbs 4U.com, Accessed February 24, 2022. https://www.medicinalherbs-4u.com/naturally-exfoliate-face-and-body-with-cornmeal.html
 “Is cornmeal good for you: health benefits of corn,” HAFR, Accessed February 24, 2022. https://www.healthandfitnessrapidly.com/2018/04/is-cornmeal-good-for-you-health-benefits-of-corn.html