After much needed rain in California, our weather here is lovely. I hope yours is as well wherever you are across the country. The soft spring breezes conjure up images of the tropics for me, and I expect some of your spa and massage practice clients are experiencing the same thing. If a trip to a balmy tropical island isn't in the cards (or the budget) right now, you can help clients recreate some of experience with the products you use on their skin.
Why not go Mango this month? Our new Aromatherapy Massage Lotions all include Mango Butter, so your clients can choose from Bliss, Calming, Energy, Renewal or Serenity and count on enjoying the soothing, softening benefits of this highly emollient ingredient.
Mango Butter, which you’ll also find in our True Balance Massage Gel is a delightfully soft creamy butter extracted from the de-shelled kernels of the mango tree. It addition to its moisturizing properties, Mango Butter is full of antioxidants to nourish the skin; and it provides protection against the harmful UV rays of the sun. The “Healing Benefits of Mango Butter” provides an extensive list of the reasons to use it. In addition to softening the skin, Mango Butter fights off lines and wrinkles and helps heal sunburn and relieve itching skin.
Help your clients enjoy the benefits of Mango Butter and achieve a state of inner peace with the following Inner Peace spa menu treatment. It includes a gentle exfoliation and calming wrap that incorporates a blend of essential oils that will bring you to a place of restful relaxation. A massage with Calming Aromatherapy Massage Lotion completes the treatment and leaves skin soothed and hydrated.
- Micro-Buff Body Polish ------------------------- 2 oz
- Black Baltic Body Mud ------------------------- 4 oz
- Peace Balancing Blend ------------------------ 45 drops
- Calming Aromatherapy Massage Lotion -- 1 oz
- 3 rubber spa bowls
- Plastic wrap
- 9 warm, moist hand towels
- Mix Micro-Buff Body Polish with 15 drops of Peace Balancing Blend.
- Mix Black Baltic Body Mud with 30 drops of Peace Balancing Blend.
- Apply and exfoliation treatment with the Micro-Buff Body Polish.*
- Apply Black Baltic Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body,* while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover client with a towel to keep warm.
- Allow client to rest 15-20 min. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
- Remove plastic wrap, remove as much mud as possible. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
- Perform a finishing treatment with Calming Aromatherapy Massage Lotion.