There’s a lot more to peppermint than a sweet treat. Among herbs, you won’t find one much more popular than peppermint. The use of peppermint goes back thousands of years. The Romans used this sweet-smelling herb to stimulate the appetite; and medical records from Egypt indicate its use for easing stomach pains.
Today peppermint, which is cultivated around the world, continues to be used to treat a number of health conditions - cold and flu, headaches, joint pain and digestive problems. After dinner mints are actually given to aid digestion.
Peppermint oil, which is a pure concentrated oil or essential oil, comes from the stems and leaves of the peppermint plant. While rich in phytonutrients, vital vitamins such as A and C, and anti-oxidants, the most prominent ingredient in peppermint oil is menthol. It interacts with the body’s cold receptors to provide a cooling sensation, which stimulates sensory receptors in the skin that block pain sensations. That’s why peppermint is used in post sun care products to provide relief from burns.
Menthol also has analgesic (painkiller) and anti-inflammatory properties to help relieve muscle and joint pain. And it nourishes dull skin and boosts the texture of oily skin.
Peppermint Mocha Wrap
At this time of year, clients will love Peppermint Mocha Wrap. It’s an ultra-stimulating exfoliation and detoxifying wrap treatment leaves your clients feeling exhilarated and ready to tackle the holiday season. Revive tired skin with a combination of caffeine, cocoa, and peppermint essential oil for the ultimate holiday pick-me-up.
- Body Luxe Hydrating Wrap [1 1/2 oz]
- Micro-Buff Body Polish [2 oz]
- Marine Therapy Pedi-Scrub [1/2 oz]
- Peace Balancing Blend [10-15 drops]
- Peppermint Essential Oil [40 drops]
- 1 Rubber Spa Bowl
- 2 Hot, Moist Hand Towels
- Tipped Applicator Bottle Instructions
- Add 2 oz Micro-Buff Body Polish, 1 teaspoon Cocoa Powder, 1 teaspoon Ground Coffee and 20 drops Peppermint Essential Oil to rubber bowl, mix well. Warm prior to application.
- Add 1.5 oz Body Luxe Hydrating Lush, 1 teaspoon Cocoa Powder, 1 teaspoon Ground Coffee and 20 drops Peppermint Essential Oil to rubber bowl, mix well. Warm prior to application.
- Apply an exfoliation treatment using the protocol for Micro-Buff Body Polish. Remove with warm wet towels.
- Apply Body Luxe Hydrating Wrap in an even layer to each body part, following BIOTONE protocol, while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with a towel to keep warm.
- While standing at the head of the table, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap and blankets, cocooning the client.
- Allow client to rest for 15-20 minutes - stay in room or near client for reassurance.
- Remove plastic sheets, removing as much hydrating wrap as possible.
- Perform finishing treatment with remaining Body Luxe Hydrating Wrap