Turn Mother's Day into Repeat Business for Spa Treatments
By Jean Shea on May 04, 2010
I hope many people will be saying happy Mother's Day to their moms with a massage or skincare treatment so that the appointment books for spas and salons are filled for the upcoming weekend. (Even with just a few days away, there's still time to advertise Mother's Day gift certificates for last-minute shoppers).
I expect many moms already are sold on the healthful, relaxing and beautifying benefits of these treatments. But for some moms, this could be their first massage or wrap or facial. This gives you an opportunity to market yourself for repeat business. I expect that shouldn't be difficult once you take mom into your capable hands. With repeat business in mind, you want to make mom's experience complete with some extras during her special Mother's Day Treat.
Here are some ideas I've heard from some of our customers.
- Have lots of flowers around or give mom a rose and a small box of chocolates.
- Serve complimentary refreshments - a coffee bar and pastries - would be a nice touch and easy to arrange.
- A lunch buffet is another option. Maybe you could partner with a local catering company looking for opportunity to promote its services to potential new customers.
You also might want to extend the service with a special foot massage as your personal gift to mom.
Here's our 1/2 hour Pretty Feet Treatment.
- Marine Therapy Pedi-Scrub --- 1 tbsp (1/2 oz)
- European Rose Mud ------------ 2 tbsp (1 oz)
- Marine Therapy Pedi-Balm ---- 1 tbsp (1/2 oz)
- 3 rubber spa bowls
- 4 hot, moist hand towels
- plastic wrap
- Warm product prior to application
- Smooth Marine Therapy Pedi-Scrub over the entire right foot. Apply in small, circular movements - paying special attention to rough/callused areas. Repeat on the left foot.
- Remove the Marine Therapy Pedi-Scrub with a hot, moist towel
- Apply the European Rose Body Mud to the entire right foot using small circular movements; repeat on left foot.
- Cover both feet with plastic wrap and a bath sheet. Leave on for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove European Rose Mud with a hot, moist towel.
- Complete the treatment with a quick foot/lower leg massage using Marine Therapy Pedi-BalmTo encourage moms to come back, give them a coupon for a discount on a future treatment.
You could ask moms to put their names in a fish bowl and draw a few winners for a free massage or treatment. Also consider giving a gift of a small retail item as a reminder the heavenly day they had.