Treat spa and massage practice clients to the tropics with mango butter
By Jean Shea on Jun 20, 2016
Are your spa and massage practice clients dreaming of a tropical beach but lacking the time and budget to get to one this summer? While you can’t provide a ticket to the tropics, you can help your clients relax and get in a tropical mood with BIOTONE Aromatherapy Massage Lotions that include Mango Butter. Your clients can choose from Bliss, Calming, Energy, Renewal or Serenity and enjoy the soothing, softening benefits of this highly emollient ingredient.
Mango Butter, which you’ll also find in our True Balance Massage Gel, is a delightfully soft creamy butter extracted from the de-shelled kernels of the mango tree. In addition to moisturizing properties, Mango Butter is full of antioxidants to nourish and protect the skin against the harmful UV rays of the sun that cause wrinkles and lines.
Help your clients enjoy the benefits of Mango Butter with our Energy Boost treatment. Featuring Sore Muscle Relieving Complex, the treatment helps relieve client soreness and fatigue by stimulating circulation, easing strained muscles and fighting inflammation. The finishing treatment of Energy Aromatherapy Massage Lotion leaves clients feeling energized and uplifted.
• Exfoli-Sea Salt Glo 2 oz
• Black Baltic Body Mud 4 oz
• Sore Muscle Customizing Complex 60 drops
• Energy Aromatherapy Massage Lotion 1 oz
• 3 rubber spa bowls
• 9 warm, moist hand towels
• 1 Plastic Wrap
- Mix 2 ounces of Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow with 30 drops of Sore Muscle Customizing Complex in a rubber spa bowl.
- Mix 4 ounces of Black Baltic Mud with 30 drops of Sore Muscle Customizing Complex in a rubber spa bowl.
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with the Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow, following the BIOTONE protocol* for exfoliation.
- Apply Black Baltic Mud in an even layer to each part of the body, follow BIOTONE protocol*, while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with a towel to keep warm.
- While standing at the head of the table, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap and blanket, cocooning the client.
- Allow the client to rest wrapped for 15-20 minutes. This is an ideal time to incorporate and add-on face or foot massage into the treatment.
- Remove plastic sheet, removing as much mud as possible with the plastic sheet. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Be sure to cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
- Perform a finishing treatment with Energy Aromatherapy Massage Lotion