The Wonderful World of Massage
By Angie Dubis on Mar 25, 2013
You may think that if you have been to one conference, you have seen them all, but nothing could be further from the truth! This last weekend at New England Regional Conference, known as NERC, participants had the privilege of not only seeing some of our industry staples, but also many educators and exhibitors they are unlikely to see at other conferences. NERC offered a great array of educators including Whitney Lowe, Bob Baxter, Val Guin,& James Waslaski and Tracy Walton, who gave an amazing keynote speech.
The NERC tradeshow floor was abuzz with show specials and product samples, not to mention, the wonderful therapy demonstrations. Show attendees had the pleasure of experiencing techniques such as Ashiatus Oriental Bar Therapy, Forearm Dance, BodySaver Massage and Zero Balancing, as well as tool assisted therapies using corestones, the Hot Stone Accu-Roller and the bodycushion.
Every massage conference has a little something different to offer participants in the way of education and tradeshow floor exhibitors. Some conferences are focused on education, others are more retail or social in nature, and some are more geared toward specific massage populations such as educators or school administrators. Visit conference websites to find out important information such as early bird discounts, tradeshow floor admission costs, registration fees, discounted room rates, and social and educational offerings. It pays to do your research since many conferences offer discounted registration and tradeshow admission if you sign up early.
Even if you have aren’t interested in taking continuing education courses being held at conferences in your area, consider gaining admission to the tradeshow floors. You can often get admission for free by registering early, but even if you have to pay, the $25+ fee is worth it to learn about and visit with the variety of exhibitors, educators and fellow therapists milling around the tradeshow floor. Tradeshow floor admission also gives you access to great show specials on massage products and services! What could be better than rubbing elbows (no pun intended) with the who’s who in the massage industry, learning about new products and techniques you can add to your tool belt, experiencing free massage demonstrations and saving money on products you already use?
So what are you waiting for? Check out some of our upcoming industry tradeshows and conferences to see which ones are the right fit for you! Be sure to visit the BIOTONE booth at the following events to take advantage of our staff’s product knowledge, educational offerings and great show specials!
- IECSC New York being held April 14-16th in New York, NY
- American Massage Conference being held May 16-19th in Atlanta, GA
- Beauty World Dubai held May 28-30th in Dubai, UAE
- IECSC Las Vegas being held June 22-24th in Las Vegas, NV
- FSMTA being held June 26-30th in Orlando, FL
- AFMTE being held July 18-20th in St. Charles, MO
- Face & Body Spa Conference & Expo being held August 25-26th in San Jose, CA
- American Massage Conference being held Sept 12-15th in San Diego, CA
- AMTA National Convention being held Sept 25-28th in Fort Worth, TX
- International Congress of Esthetics & Spa being held Sept 29-30th in Long Beach, CA
- Canadian Massage & Chiropractic Conference being held Oct 18-20th in Niagara Falls, CAN