In the story of “Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves,” the magical phrase “Open Sesame” is used to open the mouth of a cave where inside there is a hidden treasure. While it may not be magical, Sesame Oil has a lot of powers in the health department, including skin healing and enhancing, detoxification and pain relief, which make it popular for massage.
Sesame Oil has long been recognized for improving skin. The zinc in the oil helps to produce collagen to improve elasticity, and an antioxidant called sesamol prevents the appearance of wrinkles and small pores in skin. The presence of fatty acids in Sesame Seed oil along with linoleic acid also makes it an effective skin moisturizer, while Vitamin E helps to act as a sunscreen.
When it comes to reducing pain, the copper in Sesame Oil, which is a natural anti-inflammatory substance, helps to fight the swelling and pain associated with arthritis.
With so much to offer to enhance a massage, we’ve added Sesame Oil in the following BIOTONE products.
Offer your clients Deep Sea Detoxify Me treatment to enjoy the benefits of Sesame Oil. The treatment will stimulate and soften skin with therapeutic salts from the Dead Sea and improve texture with Black Baltic Body Mud containing organic fresh water silts. A massage with light, silky, botanical filled Herbal Select Massage Creme leaves skin feeling smooth and intensely moisturized.
• Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow…..2 ounces
• Black Baltic Body Mud..…4 ounces
• Detoxifying Customizing Complex….. 60 drops
• Herbal Select Body Therapy Massage Creme…1 ounce
3Rubber spa bowls
9 Warm, moist hand towels
1 Plastic Wrap
1. Mix Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow with 30 drops of Detoxifying Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
2. Black Baltic Body Mud with 30 drops of Detoxifying Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
3. Apply an exfoliation treatment with Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow.
4. Apply Black Baltic Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body*, while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with a towel to keep warm.
5. While standing at the head of the table, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap and blanket, cocooning the client.
6. Allow the client to rest for 15-20 min. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
7. Remove plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible with the wrap. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Be sure to cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
8. Perform a finishing treatment with Herbal Select Body Therapy Massage Creme.