Nourish Clients’ Skin with the Super Food Avocado
By Jean Shea on Mar 21, 2013
What could be better than eating your way to good skin? If that sounds like a winning proposition, peel yourself an avocado. This delightful fruit – that’s right fruit not vegetable – is one of nature’s very own super foods. It’s packed with vitamins and essential amino acids for good health. Even better, avocados are great for your skin, too.
Chock full of critical fatty acids and antioxidants - the powerful Vitamin E the most notable - avocados help prevent wrinkles and skin aging. With its chemical properties and water-retaining qualities, avocado oil also acts as a moisturizer to promote soft and supple skin. And avocado oil is high in plant based fats called sterolins. They have been known to produce skin collagen, reduce age spots and heal skin damage from the sun and scars.
Because of all its goodness for health and skin care, avocado oil is among my favorite ingredients to use in BIOTONE product formulations. You’ll find avocado oil into a number of our massage and professional spa products, including Cocoa-Comfort Massage Balm and Lotion, Nutri-Naturals Massage Creme, Oil and Lotion; Spa Hydrating Massage Lotion, Spa Smoothing Massage Butter and Spa Replenishing Light Massage Oil.
Why not help your spa and massage clients enhance their skin and beat back Father Time with a treatment that includes avocado oil. Here’s one we recommend:
Berry Cocoa Body Glow
- Micro-Buff Body Polish ----------------- 2 ounces
- Cocoa-Comfort Massage Balm ----- 1.5 ounces
- Pomegranate & Cranberry ------------ 34 drops
- Customizing Complex
- 2 rubber spa bowls
- Plastic wrap
- 4 warm, moist hand towels
- Mix Micro-Buff Body Polish with 30 drops of Pomegranate & Cranberry Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Mix Cocoa-Comfort Massage Balm with 4 drops of Pomegranate & Cranberry Customizing Complex.
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with the Micro-Buff Body Polish.
- Apply Cocoa-Comfort Massage Balm in an even layer to each part of the body, while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover client with towel to keep warm.
- While standing at the head of the table, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap and blankets, cocooning the client.
- Allow client to rest for 15-20 minutes. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
- Remove plastic sheet, removing as much Cocoa-Comfort Massage Balm as possible.
- Perform finishing treatment with product that remains on skin.