Aloe Vera provides ageless value to spa and massage practice products
By Jean Shea on Feb 20, 2014
While I’m constantly on the lookout for new ingredients for BIOTONE products, I also depend on ones that have stood the test of time. Aloe Vera is among the tried and true. It’s been used for thousands of years. No wonder the Egyptians called it “the plant of immortality.” Ask any consumer, and you’ll probably find they rate Aloe Vera as a top treatment for sunburn because of its anti-inflammatory properties.
While it looks like a cactus because of its fleshy and thorny leaves, the plant is in fact a member of the Lily family. Like other succulents, its stays moist by closing its pores to prevent moisture loss. Slice open the lower part of the Aloe Vera leaf and you find a gel that can be applied to the skin for a number of healing and moisturizing benefits.
I’ve always been enthusiastic about Aloe Vera because it provides a range of antioxidants, including beta carotene, vitamins C and E, to help improve the skin’s firmness and keep it hydrated. As a result of its hydrating properties, Aloe Vera helps to minimize the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
Among BIOTONE products, you’ll find Aloe Vera a key ingredient in our original Dual Purpose Massage Creme, Clear Results Massage Oil, Deep Tissue Massage Lotion, Controlled Glide Massage Creme and Polar Lotion, as well as in our Cocoa-Comfort, Herbal Select, and Marine Therapy Pedi product lines.
You can start treating your clients to the benefits of Aloe Vera with our popular Rock & Sole Foot Massage. In this treatment, salts from the Dead Sea combined with Marine Extracts soothe and soften followed by a moisturizing wrap of European Rose Mud. A hot stone massage revitalizes and renews.
- Marine Therapy Pedi-Scrub: ---------- 1/2 oz
- European Rose Mud: ------------------- 1/2 oz
- Peppermint Essential Oil: -------------- 10 drops
- Lemon Essential Oil: -------------------- 15 drops
- Herbal Select Foot Lotion: ------------- 1/2 oz
- 3 rubber spa bowls
- Plastic Wrap
- 4 hot, moist hand towels
- hot stones
- Mix European Rose Mud with 10 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil and 15 drops Lemon Essential Oil.
- Smooth Marine Therapy Pedi-Scrub over the entire right foot. Apply in small circular movements – paying special attention to rough/callused areas. Repeat on the left foot.
- Remove the Marine Therapy Pedi-Scrub with a hot, moist towel.
- Apply the European Rose Mud to the entire right foot using small circular movements, repeat on left foot.
- Cover both feet with plastic wrap and a bath sheet. Leave on for 5 -10 minutes.
- Remove European Rose Mud with a hot, moist towel.
- Complete the treatment with a quick foot/lower leg hot stone massage using Herbal Select Foot Lotion.
* Follow protocols in BIOTONE Spa Brochure