Help Clients say “I Care” to the Someone Special
By Jean Shea on Feb 14, 2012
Happy Valentine’s Day! Hearts and cupid notwithstanding, today is one of those special days of the year to let others know you are thinking about them. That’s what makes today special to me. We all want to know that someone cares. The nice part is that you can help your customers convey that message. A great way to tell someone you care is to treat them to a massage or skincare treatment.
I assume many of you are incorporating a special Valentine’s Day promotion into your marketing effort. Hopefully you are booked with lots of customer who are benefiting from someone else’s thoughtfulness and affection and couples who want a special time together. We have a special Valentine’s Day treatment protocol below. You also can see it in the Waterless Spa Treatment video we've just completed. It’s timeless so you can offer it today to customers who want to take advantage of it or give it as a gift anytime.
Berry Cocoa Body Glow
Awaken and stimulate skin with an invigorating Pomegranate & Cranberry exfoliation treatment followed by a relaxing wrap with richly textured, moisturizing Cocoa Comfort Massage Balm to reveal radiant and glowing skin.
- Micro-Buff Body Polish ------------------------------------------- 2 oz
- Pomegranate & Cranberry Customizing Complex ------- 34 drops
- Cocoa-Comfort Massage Balm -------------------------------- 1.5 oz
- 2 rubber spa
- Plastic Wrap
- 4 warm, moist hand towels
- Mix Micro-Buff Body Polish with 30 drops of Pomegranate & Cranberry Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Mix Cocoa Comfort Massage Balm with 4 drops of Pomegranate & Cranberry Customizing Complex.
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with the Micro-Buff Body Polish.*
- Apply Cocoa Comfort Massage Balm in an even layer to each part of the body, follow BIOTONE protocol* while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with towel to keep warm.
- While standing at the head of the table, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap and blankets, cocooning the client.
- Allow client to rest for 15-20 minutes. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
- Remove plastic sheet, removing as much Cocoa Comfort Massage Balm as possible.
- Perform finishing treatment with product that remains on skin.
Session time: 60 min
Recommended Price: $80 - $100
Cost Per Treatment: $4.62 (large sizes)
*Follow protocols in the BIOTONE Spa Brochure
There is a wealth of treatments that tie in with annual holidays. Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, graduation, Christmas and the New Year are the obvious. Plan your marketing around these holidays to help your customers share the joy. There are other event-oriented marketing opportunities to consider such as a bridal party pre-wedding spa treatment or graduation, retirement, career change and more.
Your service is really an investment. When someone ‘gifts’ a friend or family member with a treatment, they are saying ‘I care about you and so I care your about health.’ That’s something we all should do 365 days of the year of course.