EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!
By Angie Dubis on Jan 24, 2012
In an unprecedented move the American Massage Conference has officially expanded to 3 conferences in one by adding education and vendor space for massage, chiropractic and acupuncture! The producers have created a trifecta of conferences all happening simultaneously April 20th, 21st & 22nd at the Town and Country Resort in San Diego, California.
The 1st annual American Massage Conference held in Atlanta, GA last year had already put the conference in a league of its own by offering CEUs by some of the top educators in the massage industry at a price point affordable to all therapists. The unique registration model offers students three days access to the tradeshow with up to 30 free 1 hour CE seminars. In addition there are 3 hour and full day workshops available at a la carte pricing from some of the best known names in the industry including Erik Dalton, Whitney Lowe, James Waslaski, Benny Vaughn and David Kent to name a few! This year, like last year’s convention, offers registrars unbelievable giveaways and prizes, such as a $4000 Infrared Sauna, $500 cash prizes and $1000’s in services and merchandise.
One of the characteristics that defines the American Massage Conference are the efforts the organizers take to inspire, facilitate and give back to schools, educators, students and non-profits. This is clearly demonstrated by this year’s schedule of events including:
- Thursday, February 23rd – FREE AMC Massage School Rally at the Earthlite facility in Vista, CA. BIOTONE is proud to be a sponsor for this free event which invites up to 30 massage schools to join massage therapy leaders to learn how to attract new students, market effectively and build successful schools. Speakers include Jim Chenevey, CEO Earthlite, Cindy Williams for AMBP, Lynda Solien-Wolfe, C.G. Funk from Massage Envy, Angie Patrick from Massage Warehouse, Ahmos Netanel from California Massage Therapy Council (CAMTC), and Monica Pasinato-Forchielli from One Concept. Space is limited. California Schools can register by sending your school contact information and attendee names to AmericanMassageConference@gmail.com.
- Thursday April 19th - Charity Golf Tournament benefiting the San Diego Chapter of Make A Wish Foundation. The child the event adopts will be present with their family during the golf and luncheon.
- Thursday April 19th - ABMP’s FREE Instructors on the Front Lines workshop (full day)
- Friday April 20th – FREE "Disciplines Unite" Presentation. In this two hour presentation, three industry leaders will demonstrate how their profession would treat a low back injury, showing you their favorite techniques. Therapists get to see how the same condition would be treated by an acupuncturist, chiropractor and massage therapist!
- Friday April 20th – FREE student day for students who pre-register and includes access to the tradeshow and a job fair.
There are also numerous opportunities for those wishing to volunteer to help at the convention. All volunteers will receive FREE conference registration for the weekend, access to all FREE 1 hour CE classes, T-shirts and will be entered into exclusive raffles ONLY for the volunteers!! Volunteers are needed to help with registration, classes and other tasks including in the Sanctuary, an area where volunteers will be giving 10 minute massage treatments for conference attendees to benefit the Massage Therapy Foundation.
BIOTONE is proud to be sponsoring several classes at the convention including:
- 3 hour classes: $45
- 1 hour FREE class
Friday April 20th, 2012 2:30 pm
Ramp Up Results with Active Engagement Techniques taught by Whitney Lowe
Saturday April 21st, 2012 9:00 am
The Fascial Matrix: Head Forward Postures taught by Angie Dubis
Sunday April 22nd, 2012 1:30 pm
Using Assessment to Boost Your Treatments taught by Whitney Lowe
Friday April 20th, 2012 3:45 pm
The Fascial Matrix: Using Mini-Wraps to Increase Session Effectiveness taught by Angie Dubis
We hope to see you there!