Pass the Dead Sea salts to give your spa and massage client foot pain relief
By Jean Shea on Aug 03, 2015
Let’s face it, when your feet hurt, everything hurts. From bad shoes to bunions (the former often the cause of the latter) to arthritis and more, whatever the reason, you really can’t stand it when your feet are causing you pain. That pain can then move up to your legs and lower back. As the owner of a spa or massage practice, which involves being on your feet a lot, you can relate to the foot pain many of your clients have on a day-to-day basis walking, standing and exercising.
While a foot massage or scrub may not be the number one driver of your business, they can be a real relief to clients and a source of additional revenue. One or the other or both make an excellent complimentary service to loyal customers or as part of a special promotion. Whatever the offering, make sure that Dead Sea salts are ingredients of the Pedi-treatment products you use, such as BIOTONE Marine Therapy Pedi Scrub.
Dead Sea Salts Heal
The mineral composition of the Dead Sea, which is located between Israel and Jordan, is different from other salt water – only 12-18 percent is sodium chloride. Other salts, including magnesium, potassium, calcium chloride and bromides, make up the rest of the salt content and they help to clean, moisturize, soothe and nourish skin while stimulating cell replenishment.
In “The Benefits of Dead Sea Salt", SaltWorks, a sea salt company based in Seattle, explains how these salts contribute to good skin care and your health.
“Magnesium is important for combating stress and fluid retention, slowing skin aging and calming the nervous system. Calcium is effective at preventing water retention, increasing circulation and strengthening bones and nails. Potassium energizes the body, helps to balance skin moisture and is a crucial mineral to replenish following intense exercise. Bromides act to ease muscle stiffness and relax muscles. Sodium is important for the lymphatic fluid balance (this in turn is important for immune system function).”
Here’s a Pedi treatment with Dead Sea Salts to make your clients’ feet feel and look ‘pretty’ good.
Pretty Feet Treatment
- Marine Therapy Pedi-Scrub 1 tbsp (1/2 oz)
- European Rose Mud 2 tbsp (1 oz)
- Marine Therapy Pedi-Balm 1 tbsp (1/2 oz)
- 3 Rubber Spa Bowls
- 4 hot, moist hand towels
- Plastic wrap
- Warm product prior to application
- Smooth Marine Therapy Pedi-Scrub over the entire right foot. Apply in small circular movements - paying special attention to rough/callused areas. Repeat on the left foot.
- Remove the Marine Therapy Pedi-Scrub with a hot, moist towel.
- Apply the European Rose Body Mud to the entire right foot using small circular movements, repeat on left foot.
- Cover both feet with plastic wrap and a bath sheet. Leave on for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove European Rose Mud with a hot, moist towel.
- Complete the treatment with a quick foot/lower leg massage using Marine Therapy Pedi-Balm.