Treat your spa and massage practice clients to the skin hydrating benefits of apricot oil
By Jean Shea on Sep 22, 2016
It’s no wonder that apricot oil has been used for thousands of year. Not only does the apricot have healing and medicinal properties, its oil, which is cold pressed from the kernel of the fruit, is rich in oleic and linoleic acids. These fatty acids have emollient properties, which increase the level of hydration in the skin. Apricot oil also is rich in vitamin A to maintain younger looking skin by preventing wrinkles and in antioxidants – vitamins C and E – to help the skin retain its smoothness and elasticity.
Apricot oil is used in a number of BIOTONE massage products because it is good for all skin types and like other carrier oils does not have a strong scent. You’ll find apricot oil a featured ingredient in: Herbal Select Body Therapy Massage Creme, Herbal Select Body Therapy Massage Oil, Herbal Select Foot Therapy Lotion and Advanced Therapy Massage Lotion, Advanced Therapy Massage Creme and Advanced Therapy Massage Gel.
Deep Sea Detoxify Me Treatment
Treat your clients to the benefits of apricot oil in our Deep Sea Detoxify Me treatment. Stimulate and soften skin with therapeutic salts from the Dead Sea and improve texture with Black Baltic Body Mud containing organic fresh water silts. A massage with light, silky, botanical filled Herbal Select Massage Creme leaves skin feeling smooth and intensely moisturized.
• Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow 2 oz
• Black Baltic Body Mud 4 oz
• Detoxifying Customizing Complex 60 drops
• Herbal Select Body Therapy Massage Creme 1 oz
- Rubber spa bowls 3
- Warm, moist hand towels 9
- Plastic Wrap 1
- Mix Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow with 30 drops of Detoxifying Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Black Baltic Body Mud with 30 drops of Detoxifying Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with Exfoli-Sea Salt Glow.*
- Apply Black Baltic Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body*, while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover the client with a towel to keep warm.
- While standing at the head of the table, pull up all layers of sheets, thermal wrap and blanket, cocooning the client.
- Allow the client to rest for 15-20 min. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
- Remove plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible with the wrap. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Be sure to cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
- Perform a finishing treatment with Herbal Select Body Therapy Massage Creme.
*Follow protocols in BIOTONE Spa Brochure