Treat your Spa and Massage Practice Client to the Skin-healthy Benefits of Coconut Oil.
By Jean Shea on Mar 12, 2015
We all know that when it comes to health, fads come and go. In the case of coconut oil, however, don’t expect that the popularity of this natural oil will be waning anytime soon. That’s because coconut oil, which is enjoying a lot of attention lately, more than lives up to its reputation for improving the condition if the skin - not to mention it’s a versatile alternative to fattier oils for use in cooking.
Coconut oil’s skincare benefits can be attributed to its composition of predominantly medium-chain fatty acids. They are considered ‘healthy fats’ because the body uses them for quick energy versus storing them up. Medium-chain fatty acids also retain moisture, which is what enables coconut oil to keep skin smooth and healthy. As an ingredient in massage products, coconut oil is particularly valuable because it conditions and moisturizes the skin without leaving an oily residue.
Coconut oil also contains Vitamin E to protect skin against ultraviolet lights. This explains why locals in tropical climates, where coconuts are readily available, apply coconut oil to their skin to protect it from the harmful rays of the sun.
You’ll find coconut oil in BIOTONE True Balance Massage Gel. Treat clients to its skin smoothing and protecting benefits with our Green Tea Energy treatment. The treatment combats the effects of the sun by delivering moisture to dehydrated skin while a blend of powerful anti-oxidants repair and protect.
GREEN TEA ENERGY
- Micro-Buff Body Polish ------------------------------------- 2 oz
- European Rose Body Mud -------------------------------- 4 oz
- True Balance Massage Gel ------------------------------- 1 oz
- Green Tea & Lime Leaf Customizing Complex ------ 55 drops
- 3 rubber spa bowls
- Plastic Wrap
- 9 warm, moist hand towels
- Mix Micro-Buff Body Polish with 15 drops of Green Tea and Lime Leaf Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Mix European Rose Mud with 30 drops of Green Tea and Lime Leaf Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Mix True Balance Massage Gel with 10 drops of Green Tea and Lime Leaf Customizing Complex in a rubber bowl.
- Apply an exfoliation treatment with the Micro-Buff Body Polish.*
- Apply European Rose Body Mud in an even layer to each part of the body, * while quickly covering each area with plastic wrap. Cover client with a towel to keep warm.
- Allow client to rest 15-20 min. This is an ideal time to incorporate an add-on face or foot massage.
- Remove plastic wrap, removing as much mud as possible. Remove remaining mud with warm, moist towels. Cover exposed damp skin with a bath towel.
- Perform a finishing treatment with True Balance Massage Gel. *Follow protocols in BIOTONE Spa Brochure